10 Best Solar Energy of 2018
Lower your energy costs and reduce your carbon footprint. The Best Solar Panel services reviewed and compared.
Solar energy is energy radiated by the sun’s rays. Using panels with photovoltaic cells, this energy is harvested and converted into electricity. The process produces no harmful emissions. In 2016, the solar power industry grew by 96% in the United States, making it an increasingly popular energy option.
Solar energy production is great for those living in areas with high sun exposure. It is also an attractive choice for those wishing to live solely off of renewable sources. However, depending on a home’s specific location, solar panels can take anywhere from 4 to 20 years to start paying for themselves.
When choosing a solar energy provider, first make certain that one’s home is eligible. Panels are typically installed on the roof, and the complexity and cost of the operation differs based on type. Roofs can be inclined or flat, comprised of tiles or asphalt, etc.
Also, when selecting a plan, there are generally four payment options — Power Purchase Agreement, Purchase, Solar Lease, and Solar Loan. Before making a decision, take the time to research these choices, as they will affect subsequent financial benefits.
Before finalizing the purchase of solar panels, make sure to scrutinize all the minute details. Is there a performance guarantee? Is there a monitoring system in place? Are there roof and system warranties available?
Top 10 Companies
- Our #1 Choice to Cut Your Power Company Bill by Up to 50%
- Get free quotes by filling out a simple online request form
- No obligation to buy
- Free solar consultation - Little or $0 Down
- Available 24/7
- Maximize Government Rebates & Incentives
- Online Account Management
- 10-30% Savings
- 24/7 monitoring
- Complimentary maintenance
- 24 hour installation time lapse
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Solar Power Calculator
- Green and Renewable Energy
- Free Consultation
- Wide range of Solar Panel Companies Available
- Zero down for qualified buyers
- Get free consultation from experienced solar consultant
- Quick and easy solar panel installation
- Lessen electricity bill up to 50%
- Almost no maintenance needed
- Enjoy 30% Federal Tax Credit
- Price Match Guarantee
- Financing Available
- 100% Service Guarantee
- Guaranteed Lowest Pricing
- Step-by-Step Technical Support
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Online Account Management
- Visited by over 2.5 Million Shoppers every month
- Premium Quality Clean Energy Systems
- Wide Selection of Green Technologies
- Get connected to local solar panel providers
- Simple online application
- Free of charge service
- Large network of pre-screened solar panel installers
- True cost guide
- Receive calls from providers that matches your needs
- Rated A+ by the BBB
- NABCEP Certified
- Non-Polluting Energy Emissions
- 30% Federal Tax Credit
- Minimal Maintenance
- Get solar with $0 down by leasing solar panels
- Get quotes from solar companies by submitting online request
- Personalized solar panel installation quote
- Qualify for federal tax credits to offset solar panel installation
- Earn great return of investment
How We Compare Solar Energy
This gives a quick overview of the company’s experience and history.
- BBB Ratings
- Age of Company
States Served – Refers to the states and areas covered by the service.
Before installing solar panels, it is important to consider the direction and angle of the roof that the panels will be installed to capture the most amount of sunlight. As long as there is enough access and space, solar panels can be installed on any roof. However, the complexity and cost of installing solar panel deviates with the composition and design of the roof.
Solar Loans – A third party solar financing company will take care of your loans and mortgages from the federal government to finance your solar panels. However, you have to check carefully for the interest rates and balance the prices if it is worth it.
PPA – Power Purchase agreement is a long term contract between the solar provider and the consumer. Instead of paying to lease the solar panel, you settle to buy the power generate by the system at a set per kWh.
Purchase – When you purchase a solar panel you are maximizing the financial benefits and investment. Not just for lower electricity fee but also buying a solar panel system can increase the value of a home.
Solar Lease – Just like PPA, you don’t buy the solar panel, instead you just rent the system without worrying for the maintenance of the solar panel. With solar lease, you agree to pay for the fixed monthly lease charges which is calculated by the amount of electricity that system’s produce.
Upfront Fee - An advance payment to be paid to the solar energy provider
Maintenance Cost – To keep an item in good or working condition by maintaining the solar panels
Installation Process – Period or time when the installation process will be done
Solar Generation Systems – System that can absorb sunlight and transform into electricity that you can use
Solar Roofing Systems - Photovoltaic cells intended to appear like and integrate with conventional asphalt roof cover.
Power Purchase Agreement – A financial contract where the solar provider arranges for the permitting, design, financing and installation of the solar panel to consumer’s property sometime with no extra cost.
Leasing Agreement - A legal contract outlining the terms and condition which solar renter/user agrees to rent to the solar panel from the solar energy provider.
Contract Length – Period or time when the agreement is still valid.
System Warranty - A guarantee between a solar provider and solar panel users promising the product will perform as proposed.
Roof Warranty – Guaranteeing that your roof has no holes so that there will be no leaks.
Performance Guarantee - Definite performance of the solar module is developed at every point in time
Monitoring System - Complete solar health check of your solar panel system enabling performance energy production, wireless checking, and assisting clients.
- Online Quotes - Get a quick look into how much solar panel is going to cost you
- 24- hour Telephone Hotline – Refers to the company’s availability for customer’s concern and inquiry
- Online Account – It is an internet access to your account wherein you can manage your solar panels features and services.
- Live Chat – Web based service that allows customers to communicate with an agent in real time.
- Mobile App – Software application specifically to access the company’s features and services on your smartphone or wireless mobile devices
- Email – Electronic mail service provided by the company to respond to customer’s inquiries.
- FAQs – List of information for usual customer concerns