10 Best Flower Delivery of 2018
Flower delivery services are an important part of the floral industry, especially in our increasingly globalized world, allowing customers to let people know they're in their thoughts. Sending somebody flowers is a popular way to express love, gratitude, sympathy, and a wide array of other feelings, and online flower delivery companies can be particularly convenient. Usually, customers can choose from a variety of different floral arrangements and occasions, to which most companies can also add decorative vases, edible treats, plush dolls, balloons, wine, assorted gift baskets, or greeting cards. Once payment and delivery data has been inputted, the company then ships and/or delivers the arrangement, often by arrangement with a local florist in order to minimize travel time and any associated damage.
Flower delivery services are a lovely gift option for loved ones, friends, or acquaintances who are far apart, or simply as a nice surprise. Most online floral companies offer a large selection of possible blooms, including exotic, artificial, and fresh cut; though it must be said that these choices can be limited due to seasonality. In addition to their regular flower delivery services, many companies also offer extra features such as boutonnieres, corsages, corporate gifts, and flower arrangements for events like weddings or birthday parties.
When researching different flower delivery companies, we found that some important things to consider when comparing different companies were order tracking, safe packaging, and little details, such as their willingness or ability to correct spelling mistakes included when filling out messages online. Also take into account if they offer international delivery, have the same delivery fee during holidays and weekends, and offer a money-back guarantee.
Top 10 Companies
- International and same-day flower delivery available
- Find a local florist online
- Flower delivery for almost any occasion
- Online order tracking
- Free shipping on all flowers and gifts with Celebrations Passport program
- Exclusive military discounts offered
- 100% Smile Guarantee
- International delivery to selected countries
- 7-day satisfaction guarantee
- Wide range of flower arrangements for different occasions
- Different variety of gift ideas
- Same day delivery
- Professionally-designed seasonal bouquets
- Receive monthly newsletter detailing flower history and arranging tips
- Accredited BBB Business with A+ customer service rating
- Customize your own premium flower club membership
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Freshly cut flowers sent just 2 days after harvest
- Top quality blooms and greens
- Flexible gift ordering
- International and same-day delivery
- Fresh flowers for different types of occasions
- Free standard delivery on selected products
- Track your order online
- Money back guarantee
- Wide selection of flowers to choose from
- Track your order online
- Same day delivery
- Freshness Guaranteed
- Create your own custom photo vases
- Rated "2010’s Best Overall Quality and Price" by CNBC
- Wide selection of flowers for different occasions
- Flower arrangements for different types of occasions
- Save 15% with code AFLS1822
- Next-day and same-day delivery
- Hand-delivered artisanal arrangements
- Hand-arranged bouquets by a local florist
- International delivery
- Wide selection of flower arrangements
- Rated A- by the BBB
- Guaranteed fresh and quality floral arrangements
- International delivery
- Huge inventory of flowers to choose from
- 100% Happiness guarantee
- Same-day artisanal flowers delivery
- Set up subscription for regular deliveries
- Unique surprise delivery service
- Risk-free subscription plan
- Additional services for business, weddings, and other events
- Flower arrangements for all types of occasions
- Starts at $29.99
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Wide selection of floral arrangements for all holidays and events
- Same-day delivery available
- Domestic and international delivery services offered
How We Compare Flower Delivery
Though the final decision when choosing an arrangement ultimately comes down a customer's personal preference or taste, selecting a flower delivery company will also depend on the variety of their available options, and their overall aesthetic sensibility. Most companies offer fixed arrangements, but some also allow for a certain degree of personalization in your selection, though this obviously depends on seasonal availability and location.
Usually, online flower delivery services offer set arrangements on their website, but order are actually filled by local florists. Some of the types of blooms and plants that companies can offer include:
- Exotic Blooms – unique and exotic flowers from around the world
- Live Plants – ideal for home interiors or workspace environments
- Custom Arrangements – these are usually pre-designed for specific occasions, such as Valentine's Day, birthdays, anniversaries, or condolences
- Hand-Held Bouquets – floral arrangements that are hand-tied without any container, such as those normally used by bride and bridesmaids
- Fresh Arrangements in Vase – the most common type of arrangement, these combine foliage, flowers, and accesories in a vase
- Artificial Flower Arrangements – flower arrangements inspired by garden-fresh flowers, these are also called permanent botanicals
- Boutonnieres – small, pinnable floral decorations worn during wedding ceremonies, proms, or homecomings
- Corsages – small bouquet of flowers worn on the wrist or pinned to clothing, commonly used for proms
- Cut Flowers (without vase) – This refers to cut flowers or flower buds with a stem and leaf
Aside from providing flower arrangements, most companies also offer other gift options that can be sent together or separately. These can include items such as gourmet treats, wine, balloons, personalized gifts, and gift baskets, among others, adding a special touch to your floral gift.
Though not necessarily a specialty of flower delivery services, some also offer flower arrangements for special occasions and events, such as weddings, providing centerpieces, corsages, boutonnieres, and bouquets.
Some floral delivery services go the extra mile, and offer ornamental plants, such as succulents, occasion trees, houseplants, flowering options, and even bonsai.
Pricing and Value25%
There are many elements that factor into the price of a floral arrangements, starting with the flowers themselves and any additional decorative elements, to the vase or container which holds them. The seasonality of each bloom or plant will affect the end amount, as well as the delivery options, and the size of the arrangement. As more elements are added to the gift, like gourmet chocolates or a bottle of champagne, the price tag will increase.
However, a floral arrangement's price is ultimately predicated on its value. Since flowers are highly perishable, their freshness and quality generally depend on where they've been sourced. Flowers from greenhouse gardens last the longest, but may fall short when it comes to their aroma. In-season blooms are seasonal plants and flowers which are usually shipped in for the florist from local growers, and their quality can be spotty, depending on the producer. Locally sourced flowers tend to be the most reliable source because blossoms tend to smell sweeter, fresher, and last longer, as compared to those from other sources.
Ordering and Delivery25%
As we've mentioned before, flowers are a highly perishable good, so a floral delivery company needs to be able to ship them quickly and securely, in order to minimize damage in transit. In order to minimize transportation time, most floral delivery companies supply their arrangements via local florists in their network, or proprietary stores of their own.
To help determine which company ensures that their flowers reach their destination fresh and in their best condition, look for those that offer a freshness guarantee. This is not only an excellent indicator of a company's confidence in the quality and efficiency of their delivery services, but also a guarantee that you will also be satisfied with your arrangement's condition on delivery. Many companies also offer real-time, online package tracking, so you can see where your gift is every step of the way; and despatch or delivery confirmation notices, for even greater precision.
A company's timeliness is not the only factor here. Proper packaging is essential to ensuring that your gift has the intended effect. Packaging and presentation should be designed to maintain optimum freshness and little to no bruising or spills.