Top 10 Pet Insurance of 2017
As featured on ABC News, we've looked at reimbursement policies, coverage, and thousands of real reviews.
- Consistently #1 in customer satisfaction, A+ BBB
- Chosen by almost 90% of Consumers Advocate visitors
- Comprehensive illness and accident coverage
- Unlimited lifetime benefits + no claim caps!
- Annual deductible (recommended)
- Free mobile app & no claims forms
- Comprehensive Coverage (includes vet exam fee!)
- Flexible annual reimbursement up to Unlimited
- Choose Annual Deductible from $100-$1,000
- 24/7 Customer Service – top rated, always available
- Use any veterinarian in the US or Canada
- Fast, paperless claim reimbursement via Petplan App
- 10% Online Discount & Free Barkbox Offer
- Strong Illness & Accident Coverage - Use Any Vet
- Optional wellness plan & Rx coverage covers spay/neuter
- Benefits limited to $15k/yr
- Customizable Annual Deductible from $200-$1000
- First and largest pet insurer in the US
- Whole Pet & Wellness Plan covers spay/neuter
- Insurers most birds and exotic pets!
- $250 annual deductible with Unlimited Claims
- Covers congenital and hereditary conditions
- A+ rated with Better Business Bureau
- Short waiting period before coverage begins
- Hereditary, congenital & chronic conditions
- No exam required
- Coverage for exam fees
- No Lifetime Limits
- Unlimited Plan Option
- Reasonably good coverage
- No hereditary or congenital condition limitations
- Extremely comprehensive coverage
- Waives copays and deductible for lifesaving care
- Up to 100% reimbursement
- Includes exam fees
- Innovative cloud-based platform to manage your pet's lifestyle
- Visit any licensed emergency hospital, veterinary practice, or specialist
- Plans averaging less than $1.50 per day
Don't see the business you are looking for?
Best Pet Insurance: Summed Up
|1||Healthy Paws||Best Overall|
|2||Petplan||Coverage, Benefit Limits|
|3||Embrace||Coverage, Reimbursement Models|
|4||Nationwide||Coverage, Benefit Limits|
Resources From Our Editors
Owning a cat can be rewarding. With the many positives, it's important to be aware of the financial realities. At the vet, for instance, these ralities vary depending on the type of cat you own. Different species have different predispositions, while...
Owning a dog can be rewarding. With the many positives, it's important to be aware of the financial realities. At the vet, for instance, these ralities vary depending on the type of dog you own. Different species have different predispositions, while...
What is Canine Hip Dysplasia? Canine hip dysplasia is a disease that affects a dog's ball and socket joint of their hip or hips. It is an abnormal joint formation where the ball and socket don’t fit into each other properly....
Legal or illegal? Recreational or medicinal? Edibles or smoking? Marijuana and its attendant culture and industry is consumed with binaries. In recent years, the side supporting recreational legality has made significant gains. Thus far, eight states, as well as the District...
Weighing the Essential Qualities
Coverage - 20%
Benefit Limits - 15%
Deductibles - 10%
Reimbursement Models - 10%
Claims & Service - 15%
Pricing - 15%
Reviews - 15%