10 Best Mortgage Rates of 2017
We compare and review the Top Mortgage Lenders in the country today. Make your home purchase a little bit easier by working with the Best Mortgage Lenders.
Mortgages rates are the interest rates a borrower obtains when taking out a mortgage. Regardless of the term of the mortgage, favorable rates are one of the most important elements to consider when choosing a mortgage lender. The rates a borrower can obtain depends on factors such as credit score, reported income, loan amount, down payment, and loan term.
The home’s location and price, in conjunction with the strength of the loan application, are another key element in how the lender calculates their risk. A lower risk will translate into a lower interest rate.
When choosing a mortgage lender, it’s important to consider whether the mortgage is conventional or government-backed, as this will affect the resultant mortgage rates. Conventional loans can have fixed or variable rates. Fixed rate mortgages have predictable monthly payments through the duration of their term. Variable rate mortgages adjust according to market fluctuations, along an agreed-upon timeline. While they’re less predictable,it’s possible that variable rate payments can decrease over time. Government-backed mortgages are backed by either the Federal Home Administration, the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, or the Department of Agriculture. They have very specific qualification requirements, whereas conventional loans are more attainable.
Before finalizing a mortgage, make sure to understand the associated costs. In addition to the monthly payments, there are additional fees and costs, such as recording fees, origination fees, appraisal fees, and closing costs. By asking questions and reading the fine print, these additional expenses do not have to be hidden costs.
Top 10 Companies
- Our #1 Choice, A+ Rating with the BBB
- Rates as low as 3.25% APR (15 yr fixed)
- Compare quotes from up to 5 lenders for free in minutes
- Save time, view offers online, and get your free credit score
- More than 40 million customers served
- When banks compete, you win!
- Low Interest Rates and Award-Winning Customer Service
- A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau
- Equal Housing Lender
- Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and GNMA Seller/Servicer
- Online mortgage calculator and quotes
- Wide variety of mortgage programs: 15-year and 30-year fixed rate mortgages
- Borrow up to 96.5% of your home’s value
- Low Down Payment for FHA Loans
- As little as 10% down payment on Jumbo Mortgages up to $3M with no PMI
- Dream big, get prequalified in minutes
- Refinance also available
- Checking does not affect your credit score
- Not available in all states
- Rocket Mortgage by Quicken Loans! We’ve Reinvented the Mortgage Process…
- Get an automated mortgage approval in minutes
- Save time & avoid paperwork by sharing your finances online.
- Real Numbers in Real-Time
- #1 in Client Satisfaction by JD Power 6 Years in a Row!
- Quick, Easy Online Quotes
- Online Mortgage Calculator
- “No Steering” Policy for Mortgage Financing
- Licensed Mortgage Banker Available Through Phone Assistance
- A+ BBB Accredited
- Equal Housing Lender
- loanDepot Lifetime Guarantee
- Streamlined Online Application Process
- Ask about our $1000 Rate Match Guarantee!
- Receive a no obligation rate quote in one minute. No personal info required!
- #1 in Satisfaction in the U.S. by JD Power 6 Years in a Row!
- A+ Rating with the BBB
- Industry-Leading Online Tools
- Award Winning Client Service
- Multiple Loan Options to Fit Your Needs
- FREE online mortgage service to match you to the best lenders
- Rates as low as 2.75% (3.12% APR*) - (5/1 ARM)
- No SSN Required to be matched
- Home Purchase, Refinance & Home Equity Products
- Fixed rate & Adjustable rate loan options available
- Rates start at 3.222% APR
- Free Credit Score Viewing
- Get A quote for free
- Choose from multiple loan offers
- Network of over 150 lenders
- Quick online application
- Local and National Lenders Available
- Free loan matching service
- No credit score required
Best Mortgage Rates: Summed Up
|2||JG Wentworth||Reviews and Support Services|
|3||SoFi||Mortgage Rates, Mortgage-related fees|
|4||Rocket Mortgage||Types of Mortgage, Qualification|