10 Best Wine Clubs of 2017
Searching for the Best Wine Clubs? We review the Best Wine Clubs based on wine quality, price and membership benefits.
Wine clubs are monthly or quarterly services that deliver a series of wine bottles to your home. In lieu of shopping for your own wine, these clubs offer either customized selections tailored to your preferences, or they provide curated collections to build interest for interesting regions or varietals.
Best for wine aficionados, wine clubs allow subscribers to sample a wide array of wine types they might not be exposed to normally. For enthusiasts, this means that they will be able to sort through an array of options, including the region of origin, the rating of the vintage, and the method and process of grape selection. Wine club memberships are also great gifts for friends who love wine.
When choosing a wine club, consider the number of bottles in every shipment, membership and shipping fees, customization options, and whether there are different membership options. While certain clubs set a strict rule of two bottles per shipment, others are more lenient. Some permit between one and six per shipment, while others will deliver any number below 12. Membership fees, on the other hand, can vary widely from $37 to $70 per month, or more, depending on the membership option and the wine club.
Before finally deciding on a wine club membership, look at the fine print. Is there a satisfaction guarantee? Is there a contract? If so, is it for a set length of time? What is the cancellation policy? Are there shipping costs?
Top 10 Companies
- Create your own unique taste profile
- Try 4 new wines for $60 every month
- Delight Guarantee
- Skip a month or cancel anytime
- Rate your matches
- Refer a friend to get bonus bottles
- 15 Superb Wines (worth over $260) for only $89.99
- A+ BBB accredited
- Reds, Whites & Mixed Cases
- Wide selection of wines to experience
- 100% money back guarantee
- Introductory offer at $89.99
- Free Shipping
- Featured in Elle, Forbes, The New York Times, Redbook, Today, Cosmopolitan
- Get 4 bottles of wine plus complimentary shipping with membership
- Wines start at $13 per bottle
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- No commitment
- Exclusive Wines Tailored To Your Tastes
- Satisfaction Guarantee
- Get 12 premium wines for $89.99
- No obligation, cancel membership any time
- No minimum purchase in any wine club
- 45 days return
- Wide selection of wines and varietals
- Wide list of Exclusive Wine Clubs to choose from
- Since 1994, Four different Wine Clubs to suit every palate
- New! Bold Reds Wine Club
- Recommended by Forbes, WSJ and CNN
- Only estate-bottled highly rated wines from across the world
- 100% satisfaction guarantee. A+ BBB Rating
- Gifts from 2-12 months
- No contract, no hidden fees, cancel anytime
- Create custom personal or gift memberships
- Enjoy 15 Expertly Selected Wines for only $89.99
- Free shipping
- Choose from 3 wine packages
- Cancel anytime
- Comes with double guarantee
- Free membership
- Change your wine preference anytime
- 100% Money back guarantee
- Shipping charges apply
- No obligation, cancel anytime
- Available 24 hours a day
- Big discounts for large wine purchases
- Special Wine Club Gift Offer
- Free shipping for 12 or more bottles
- Wine deliveries every 6 or 8 weeks
- 6-bottle and 12-bottle wine delivery options
- No signup fee
- Satisfaction Guarantee
- No on-going commitment wine membership
- Wine Gifts for Any Occasion!
- Wine reorders at up to 50% OFF Retail
- Cancel anytime, no hidden fees
- $1 Shipping on all Half and Full Case Reorders for Members
- "Love It" Guarantee
How We Compare Wine Clubs
Membership levels are defined by the wine selections offered by the program. We looked into the number of membership programs offered. Rather than having one membership program to cater all types of wine enthusiasts, wine clubs with multiple membership levels allows them to offer membership services and wine selections that target specific types of wine enthusiasts.
Things we looked into include:
- Membership price
- Number of bottles per shipment
Although it would be difficult if not impossible to compare the quality of wines bottle per bottle we tried to compare a company’s previous wine shipments specifically those in their entry level clubs which comprise most of the wine membership programs people enroll in. Each company also maintains a wine selection team.
- Wine rating
- Method of selection
- Selection process
- Wine regions
We compare average price per bottle with major focus on those being offered on their entry level clubs. Things we looked into also included savings on retail prices and shipment fees. We included the price of shipping into the total costs of each bottle.
- Price per bottle
- Discounts and savings
- Shipment fees
- Membership fees
Wine club policies that refer to cancellation policy, membership requirements and contracts if any.
- Satisfaction guarantee
- Contract length
- Cancellation policy
- Shipping policy
Wine clubs don’t only offer club memberships but also provide people an online portal for gift shopping. This includes gifting your friends with a club membership or choosing from preselected gift packages. Others allow you to mix wines with other club memberships (chocolates, flowers, cakes) for a more personal experience.
Some companies offer 24/7 hotlines for customer orders. The majority however only accept orders during business hours. This can also include a knowledge base or FAQ section for self-help articles.
- Live chat