Paid surveys are hosted on websites that pay people to fill out surveys. Many marketing firms use paid surveys to participating on online marketing research from home. There are also middle-men, third-party survey websites that promote survey-taking as an easy way to work from home or supplement your income.
However, it’s important to note that paid surveys should only be used as supplemental income. Most websites pay very little per survey, on only offer token rewards such as good, services, coupons, or samples. Some also use a point system which is redeemable for goods, and yet others function as pyramid schemes, not paying much unless you recruit others. Still, if the paid survey website is legitimate, is can provide some additional income, and at the very least, free or discounted goods and services.
Some paid survey websites charge membership fees for access to the surveys, or for lists of marketing research firms that conduct paid surveys, most of which are available for free. These websites advertise inflated numbers on earnings from online paid survey completion, and are generally untrustworthy.
Top 10 Companies
- Oldest survey website
- Now offering instant online digital rewards
- List of member opportunities offered
- Quick online registration
- Harris Panel Sweepstakes
- A- BBB Rated
- Mobile App Available
- Earn cash, $3 for every single survey!
- Free samples of products to test
- Invitation-only survey panel
- Low pay-out threshold
- Chance to win up to $500 every 2nd week on sweepstakes
- Payment via Paypal
- Surveys and product testing offered
- Minimum of 30,000 points to request reward
- Surveys on hot political topics
- 500-1000 points awarded per survey
- Variety of redemption options offered
- 2,000 points sign-up bonus
- Free to join
- Earn 1000 points per referral program
- Free online registration
- No minimum threshold
- Redeem points through sweepstakes or Bidland
- Bid on real items like flatscreen TVs, headphones, and vacations
- Triple reward points for your first survey
- Loyalty program with up to 10,000 loyalty reward points
- Earn 25 points for completing a survey
- Free Account Creation Offered
- Matches you with high paying surveys you qualify for
- Decide which studies you’d like to participate in
- Redeem reward through Amazon Gift Card, PayPal, or Check
- Easy online application
- Earn up to $20 for every survey completed
- Tons of different opportunities to earn cash online
- Offers focus group of up to $100
- Two-tier referral program available
- Quick and simple online application
- Receive 10% for every survey completed by your friends
- A+ BBB Accredited
- In compliance with SafeHarbor
- Get rewards of up to $10,000 with monthly sweepstakes
- Install the mobile app and you're ready to go!
- $120,000 awarded annually to lucky members
- Joining is free and easy.
- Earn free $5 to $25 gift cards.
- Redeem points for gift cards to top retailers.
- Featured in TechCrunch, BuzzFeed, Fox, Time, and ABC.
- Wider variety of ways to earn.
- Free Membership
- Easy to join with frequent, high-paying surveys
- Minimum of $10 to request rewards
- Great reward options
- Win up to $1,000 on sweepstakes
- A+ BBB Accredited
- No points system
How We Compare Paid Surveys
The most popular paid survey sites are those that offer specific dollar amounts for every survey. This cash could typically be disbursed via PayPal or personal check. Paid survey sites have a variety of other ways to reward their members as well. Some of the most popular reward options are gift cards, coupons, sweepstakes entry, loyalty programs, and referral programs. Users generally earn the most through sweepstakes, loyalty programs, and referral programs, that’s why a paid survey site should be able to administer such arrangements.
- Amazon Gift Cards
- Home Depot Gift Cards
- iTunes Gift Cards
- Starbucks Gift Cards
- Retail E-Vouchers
- Walmart Gift Cards
- Restaurant Gift Cards
Donations to Charity
Cash Rewards via PayPal or Check
Before registering for a paid survey program, a user must consider how a given provider weighs and scores their participation. Market research providers have different approaches when it comes to compensation. Some programs offer a "point system,” while some use a "dollar system” for compensating their panelists. Users must take note how much can they earn for each survey or information gathering activity they complete. In a point system, it is essential to be aware of the cash value of the points they are earning. When it comes to redemption process, typical programs take 4 to 6 weeks to process each payment. If you can find a fast processing program with high compensation offered, make sure to check its other features before joining.
- Point System – refers to the type of compensation a paid survey site provides
- Earnings Per Survey Completed – deals with how much a member earns for every survey they complete
- Points for Disqualification – negative points/payments in the event a user has been disqualified while taking a survey
- Minimum Threshold Required – refers to the amount needed for a member to redeem rewards
- Redemption Process – period of time between the date when the redemption has been made and when it is received by the user
Users of paid surveys typically respond well to surveys that don't take much time. Obviously these won't pay as much but staggering many short surveys for less money a pop on the whole tends to be less tedious and faster than getting bogged down in longer more in-depth ones. We rank sites highly who offer users the opportunity to take quick surveys for a realistic amount of money. Beware of sites offering high dollar amounts for short surveys. If they are saying they'll pay you $100 for a five minute survey you can be sure it's a scam. As with most other things in life, if it sounds to good to be true it probably is.
Aside from the surveys, other marketing research activities, like focus groups and product testing can give the user an opportunity to make significantly more money. Some sites offer many established companies that are willing to pay users for their opinions. More options means more opportunities for members to earn rewards. These kinds of activities can be much more in depth and require more of a commitment in terms of time and effort. Participation can include:
- Focus Groups
- Product Testing
- Online Discussion
- In-depth Input
- Trial Offers
- Web Research
- Software Download
This is a very popular feature a lot of paid survey sites are now offering. Instant rewards can come in the form of online gift card codes for immediate redemption at retail sites like Amazon, Sears, Kmart and iTunes, or through items offered by the survey provider itself.
Paid survey providers have different requirements and qualifications which users must have for them to be eligible to join. Other programs allow international users and minors to participate in their research study. Users should first read a program’s eligibility requirements to know if they qualified to be a member of their program.