Best Hearing Aids 2017
Read an compare the Best Hearing Aids. Learn how the Top Hearing Aids can help you rediscover the beauty of hearing.
A hearing aid is a small device placed in or around the ear, which amplifies sound in order to assist those who suffer from hearing loss. According to the NIH, nearly 30 million Americans could benefit from the use of hearing aids. They can benefit children with hearing difficulties, aging listeners, people with bilateral hearing loss or tinnitus, and people with acquired or progressive hearing loss.
The most important factor to consider when choosing between hearing aids is the severity of the hearing loss, as this may require different types of hearing aids. In-the-canal hearing aids, for instance, are great for assisting with mild deafness, while in-the-ear is good for those with severe hearing loss. Other types include completely-in-the-canal, behind-the-ear, receiver-in-canal, and invisible.
The most common hearing aids are digital, which process sound waves into digital signals, but some people still use conventional analog aids that work by amplifying sound waves. Another option are sound amplification headphones or earbuds for people who have some hearing difficulties, but not enough to require full hearing aids. Additional features for hearing aids include water resistance, speech enhancement, noise reduction, wind noise manager, and a directional microphone, which can all greatly benefit quality of life.
Before making a final decision on which hearing aid is best for you, make sure to check the fine print. How long is the warranty for? Is there a money back guarantee? Is there a free trial trial period? How can you get them repaired?
Top 9 Companies
- 12 Month Warranty Guarantee
- Background Noise Reduction
- Crystal Clear Conversations
- Advanced 12- band Processing
- 30-Day Hassle Free Returns
- Free Lifetime Telephone Technical Assistance
- 12 Digital Sound Processing
- Ready to Wear
- With Digital Noise Reduction
- Long Battery Life
- Full Digital Tone Quality
- 6X Power Saving
- Comfortable to use
- Exclusive High Quality Digital BTE Amplified Technology
- Small & Lightweight Design
- Award-Winning Hearing Technology and Designs
- Rated A+ by the BBB
- Streamlined Process without Upcharges
- Export Support from Audiologist and Customer Service Team
- Optional Personalization
- Digital Noise Cancelling
- Small, Lightweight and Digital
- 90 Day Money Back Guarantee
- High Quality with Affordable Price
- Free Shipping
- Water Resistant
- Speech Priority Noise Reduction
- Bluetooth Compatibility
- Speech Variable Processing
- Adaptive Feedback Canceller
- Invisible-in-canal style
- Online Hearing Test
- 100% Invisible for Lyric
- No batteries to change for Lyric
- 30-day Lyric free trial
- Last for 2-3 months
- Personalized Performance
- Automatic Adaptation
How We Compare Hearing Aids
There are several types of Hearing Aids which may vary in power, size, circuitry and design.
- In-the-ear – It is a custom fit hearing aid that will fit each individual’s outer ear bowl.
- In-the-Canal – It is a kind of hearing aid that only fill the bottom half of the external ear.
- Completely-in-the-Canal – It is one of the unnoticeable hearing aids unless the viewer looks directly into the patient’s ear.
- Behind-the-Ear – BTE is designed with an invisible tube that connects to the ear canal. It is advisable to use with mild to profound hearing loss.
- Receiver-in-Canal – It uses silicone to position the loudspeaker in the wearer’s ear.
- Invisible Hearing Aid – It fits deeper inside the ear canal. Invisible hearing aids are most suitable for patients up to the middle age.
Hearing Aids’ services and features works in various settings. Balance, compare and review the product’s ability. Some hearing aid products offer an unnecessary feature that is not appropriate to your age or needs. Remember, the more features you purchase, the higher the price you’ll pay.
Here are some features to consider when looking for a Hearing Aid product:
- Noise Reduction
- Proper Fitting
- Wind Noise Manager
- Multiple Channels
- Directional Microphone
- Speech Enhancement
- Water Resistant
Price is also a key consideration when looking for Hearing Aids. Prices of Hearing Aid will vary on the style, types, materials used and kinds of severity of your hearing loss. However, don’t rely to price only when deciding the best hearing aid. You and your audiologist must select a hearing aid that fits your lifestyle and needs. In addition, not just because one hearing aid is more expensive than another, it doesn’t certainly mean that it will better suit your needs.
Hearing Aid providers must explain precautions, outlines a schedule for wearing aid, teaches you on how to wear it properly, and instructs you on how to clean and store the hearing instrument. Hearing Aids are fragile devices that can break due to accidents and normal wear and tear. Patients must also consider parts and services warranty when buying hearing aid.
Your Hearing Aid provider support team should be readily available through a variety of communication channels. It can be done over telephone, live chat, and email. Hearing Aid Companies should also offer wide online knowledge-based guidelines, tutorials, troubleshooting and maintenance tips.
- Telephone Support
- Live Chat
- Mobile App
- Downloadable Product’s Manual with troubleshooting