Cruise lines offer travelers a complete vacation experience that includes transportation, accommodations, relaxation, entertainment, food, drink, education, play, and sightseeing. Years ago, large passenger ships were conceived of primarily as transportation. Today, however, cruise ships are often the destinations themselves.
As the nature of cruising has broadened, so has the cruise industry’s customer base. Cruises can be booked for individual travelers, but they are increasingly a venue for family reunions, business retreats, wedding parties, educational conferences, and volunteer activities. The chief advantage to cruising is its all-inclusive array of services that eliminate worry about the logistical details of travel, such as where to stay, what to eat, and how to get from place to place.
Deciding which line to cruise on may be influenced by a number of factors, the most important being the availability of a cruise that fits your schedule, that leaves from a port you can get to, and that goes where you want to go. Other factors to consider are a ship’s amenities and activities, its passenger capacity, its passenger/crew ratio, and its passenger/space ratio.
People who are considering traveling by cruise ship should choose the line that best suits their tastes and interests. Unlike other forms of travel, cruising doesn’t afford much opportunity for second thoughts. Once a ship is underway, passengers will be on board for the duration. Making a careful, informed choice may determine whether your vacation is a dream or a disappointment.
Top 10 Companies
- Great Vacation Guarantee
- Best Price Guarantee
- Up to 24 ships available to explore
- Options of on-board activities offered
- Variety of unique room types provided
- Group Travel Plans
- Get help from a travel professional near your area
- Exclusive Discovery at Sea Activities
- 24-hour dining
- Offers excursions for almost every activity, appetite, and interest
- Personal online check-in and cruise planning available
- Up to 18 cruise ships available
- Special celebration packages offered
- Wide range of food and dining options
- Flexibility to choose the dining style you prefer
- Variety of staterooms and suites available
- Array of shore excursion activities with something for everyone
- Get expert advice from a travel professional near your area
- Up to 14 cruise ships to choose from
- Guaranteed First Off Ship and Return To Ship for Shore Excursions
- Options of Shore Excursions Offered
- Best Price Guarantee
- Crown and Anchor Society for Loyal Members
- High Speed Internet At Sea
- Locate a Travel Agent Near Your Area
- Travel Protection Program
- 4 Disney Cruise Line Ships To Choose From
- Family-Friendly Staterooms with Unique Options
- Variety of Age-Specific Activities
- Choose From Different Packages and Offerings
- Free Cruise Planning Tools
- CelebrityLife Activities
- Choices of Celebrity Shore Excursion Packages
- Best Price Guarantee
- Butler Service in all Suites
- 10 Different Cruise Ships to Choose From
- Canyon Ranch SpaClub
- Free unlimited shore excursions
- 4 different cruise ships to choose from
- Wireless internet access available throughout the ship
- 24-hour room service
- Unlimited beverages including fine wines and premium spirits
- Open bars and lounges with in-suite mini bar
- Free pre-paid gratuities
- 24-hour buffet and room service
- Variety of on-board activities
- Fully equipped gym
- Get personal assistance from a cruise vacation planner
- 3 cruise ships with unique features to choose from
- Full use of sports courts
- White Star Service
- A choice of swimming pools and whirlpool spas
- Complimentary AzAmazing Evenings event on most voyages
- Shuttle service to and from port communities
- Concierge services for personal guidance and reservations
- English butler service for suite guests
- On-board shopping with collection of merchandise
- Two mid-sized cruise ships to choose from
How We Compare Cruise Lines
Each cruise line offers different vacation packages that are good for individual travellers, couples, and families. Vacation packages are provided depending on the season when a guest will book and destination where they would like to go. Every month or year, new vacation packages are presented to travellers for them to choose from which will help them save a good amount of money. Make sure that when choosing for a vacation package, you must determine what’s included in the fare and its exclusions.
Guests can choose from a number of itineraries offered to them by different cruise lines. Each cruise ship has a specific destination in which travellers must check for them to know where they will book their vacation. The more cruise ships a company provides the more choices of destination it gives to travellers. It is essential for travellers to consider the destination and activities that they are looking for it to be easier for them to choose a cruise line. Part of choosing an itinerary is the cruise length where most voyages lasts three to 10 days or even more.
Whether guests are travelling alone, with their partner, or with their family, it is important to know the theme of their chosen cruise ship. A cruise line’s atmosphere let travellers decide if the ambiance matches their preference as well as whom they’re with. Each cruise line or cruise ship has a specific theme which aims to entertain their guests. Travellers can choose from children, romantic, family, and black tie themed cruise lines.
Cruise lines sponsors excursions to their guests in every destination they visit. Excursions offered by cruise lines vary on the itinerary and the season when a guest is booked. When looking for an excursion, travellers must consider finding companies that include guaranteed first off ship and returns. Some cruise lines offer 24 hour cancellation service with refund which depends on the company rules about their reimbursement percentage. We encourage travellers to choose a company that provides a good selection of excursions and has packages offered to small or large groups.
- Guaranteed First Off Ship
- Guaranteed Return to Ship
- Cancel Any Time
Considering all of the factors listed in these criteria, everything still comes down to the cost. Cruise vacation may be a bit expensive but it is an affordable option if you want a multi-destination voyage. Each cruise line differs in prices depending on the accommodation, destination, cruise length, excursions, and other aspects.
Other cruise lines are pricier because of its luxurious amenities and services provided. There are companies that charge their guests an additional fee for specialty restaurants, other on-board activities, beverage package, occasion packages, and other services. Travellers can check each of the company’s packages and cruise fare by booking online or calling their customer service. Take note that vacation packages changes each season depending on the cruise line. This means that even the cost will be changed and other services included in it.
Some of the factors to consider when it comes to cruise fare are:
- Staterooms and Suites
- Specialty Restaurants and Other Dining Choices
- Beverage Package
- Cruise Length
- On-Board Activities
- Occasion Packages
Amenities and Services10%
Every company has unique services and amenities offered to their guests for them to experience in the length of their stay. Guests should check the amenities provided by their chosen cruise line for them to know if the company can cover their needs and offer them services that will pamper them during the voyage. It would be great if travellers will compare company after company for them to have a good look on each cruise line’s offerings.
One thing makes a voyage an unforgettable experience are the on-board activities that suits the different preferences of each guest aboard. Cruise lines must be able to provide an array of activities that will let guests have a good time and make the most out of their vacation. Large cruise ships often offers a number of on-board activities great for individuals, families, and couples while small cruise ships presents limited activities for them to enjoy. Each cruise line has their own theme of activities presented to their guests. Make sure to review each cruise line’s on-board activities for you to have a background of what they offer and if suits your interest.
Some of the common on-board activities that each cruise line offers are:
- Spa Treatments
- Sport Courts
- Fitness Centers
- Enrichment Programs and Classes
- Bars and Lounges
- Musical and Live Shows
- Shopping Boutiques
Most cruise lines offer a variety of dining choices which ranges from elegant fine dining to casual dining. Fine dining options cost guests more than the regular food option included in their fare. Other cruise lines include fine dining or all of the dining options available in their cruises while some companies charges travellers of extra fee for their specialty restaurants. Along with this criterion is the beverage package that is often given to guests by most companies. Before you decide to book for a cruise vacation, you should first look on the dining options offered by the cruise line of your choice and the cuisines it serves. Guests should also check the list of dining choices included in their cruise fare and those that needs additional fees.