Compare Cloud Storage
Cloud storage is a great and simple way for storing huge amounts of data without taking up our device’s storage space. It can also be a good way of sharing files to improve collaboration among a team. Cloud storage does not only help file sharing easier but also automatically updates devices among all devices in the network.
How we Compare Cloud Storage
Cloud Services and Features Compared
Important features to consider when searching for cloud storage services include file and folder sharing, file versioning, collaborative invites, online editing, real-time and automatic backups. The more services a cloud storage offers, the more functionality it is for the consumer. Features that consumers must look for in a cloud storage includes:
- Bandwidth Control – refers to the process of calculating and regulating the communication traffic in a certain network to prevent exceeding the maximum bandwidth
- Online Editing –process of revising or making changes in a stored file or folder while connected on the internet
- Real-Time Backups – a feature in which it provides continuous copying of files into the cloud storage
- Automatic Backups – the process of copying data to a software that electronically perform backup function without having to manually control the software
- Remote File Access – refers to the ability of a software to access a device or network from a distant location
- File Sharing – the process of transmitting files from one device to another through a network
- Folder Sharing – the ability to transfer or share folders to another device or user over a network
- File Sync – the way of storing files and keeping them up to date in various locations
- File Versioning – refers to the ability of a cloud storage to keep several versions at the same time
- Collaborative Invites – the process of inviting other users to collaborate on the same file
|Free Storage Space||5 GB||15 GB||2 GB||5 GB||5 GB||10 GB||10 GB||Unlimited||2 GB||Unlimited|
|File Size Limit||2 GB to 10 GB||5 TB (50 MB file size limit on presentations and documents uploaded to Google Drive and converted to Docs and Slides, and a 100 MB limit on spreadsheets converted to Sheets)||10 GB||No Limit||No Limit||9 GB||Free Personal: 250 MB, Starter: 2 GB, Business/Enterprise: 5 GB||4 GB||No Limit||1 GB to 5 GB|
|Average Upload Speed||12 Mbps||6.5 Mbps||7.6 Mbps||7.4 Mbps||8 Mbps||7.2 Mbps||8.2 Mbps||3.1 Mbps||2.2 Mbps||1.5 Mbps|
|Average Download Speed||50 Mbps||68.4 Mbps||30 Mbps||3.9 Mbps||18 Mbps||31 Mbps||31.2 Mbps||4.7 Mbps||Not Tested||15.6 Mbps|
|Remote File Access|
|Supported Operating Systems||Windows, Mac OS X, Ios, Android||Linux, Windows, Mac Android, iOS||Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS||Windows, Apple iOS, Android, Apple OS X, Linux||Windows, Mac OS X, iOs, Android||Windows, Mac OS X, Android, iOS||Windows, Mac OS X, iOs, Android||Windows, Mac OS X, iOs, Android||Windows, Mac OS X, iOs, Android||Windows, Mac OS X, Android, Kindle Fire, Blackberry, iOS|
Security and Data Protection Compared
Cloud storage services must prioritize the security and privacy of their customer’s files. From uploading to transferring and sharing files, a cloud service must ensure users of their data’s confidentiality. Other than encryption, a software should also provide password protection and require PINs for users to assure them that their files are safe.
- Data Loss Protection – refers to the strategy used for sensitive data to ensure that it is not lost or accessed by hackers or unauthorized individuals.
- Remote Wipe – a feature which allows a user to mandate a certain device and delete data stored in the cloud .storage
|Password Protected Sharing|
|Data Loss Protection|
Upload/ Download Speed Compared
Aside from the security and other features provided by a cloud storage provider, users should also check its upload and download speeds. This can affect the speed at which data is updated in your devices or in your team’s folder.
Storage Space Compared
Larger storage spaces is what makes cloud storage services attractive to users. Size does matter and this holds true to cloud storage services. Consumers should compare the size of storage space offered by different providers along with how much it costs to give them an idea on which service offers the best value for their money.
Ease of Use Compared
Drag and drop features just like moving files within your computer is just one of the features that makes using a cloud storage service seamless. New file updates and notifications makes it easy for users to keep on top of the latest changes.
Help and Support Compared
Online cloud storage providers should not only have a feature-packed and secure cloud storage services but also have offline and online support just in case a user is experiencing some difficulty. Professional support should be available in case of inability to access files, or other technical related issues.
|24-hour Technical Support|
|Educational Center and Forum|
Plans and Pricing Compared
Cloud storage comes in different plans and packages with pricing playing a large role in determining the availability of features and size of storage. The good news is that most of the top cloud storage providers offer free versions.
Full Cloud Storage Comparison
|Cloud Services and Features||Security and Data Protection||Upload/ Download Speed||Storage Space||Ease of Use||Help and Support||Plans and Pricing|
|OneDrive Cloud Storage||9.5||10.0||10.0||9.5||10.0||9.0||10.0|
|Google Drive Cloud Storage||10.0||10.0||10.0||10.0||9.0||10.0||9.0|
|Dropbox Cloud Storage||9.5||10.0||9.5||8.8||10.0||8.5||9.0|
|Acronis Cloud Storage||9.7||8.0||9.0||10.0||9.5||9.0||9.0|
|SugarSync Cloud Storage||10.0||10.0||9.0||9.0||9.0||10.0||8.0|
|Backblaze Cloud Storage||8.0||9.0||9.0||9.0||9.0||8.0||10.0|
|Box Cloud Storage||8.0||10.0||9.0||10.0||8.0||8.0||7.0|
|Carbonite Cloud Storage||7.0||9.0||8.0||8.0||8.0||8.0||9.0|
|Mozy Cloud Storage||7.0||9.0||7.0||8.0||8.0||9.0||8.0|
|JustCloud Cloud Storage||7.0||8.0||7.0||8.0||7.0||8.0||9.0|