24 Pet Watch Pet Insurance Review
ConsumersAdvocate.org Rating: 4.4 / 10 (Poor)
24 Pet Watch Overview
24 Pet Watch is a medium-sized pet insurance brand in the US with an A+ BBB rating. That said, buyer beware that if your surgery or unexpected bill is greater than $1,500 (w/24PetWatch Standard), $3,000 (w/24PetWatch Select) or $5,000 (w/24PetWatch Elite) - you'll be out of luck. These per incident coverage limitations mean that if your pet has an expensive $8,000 surgery, even if you have their most expensive plan, you're still stuck having to pay the $3,000 balance. These per incident coverage limits just aren't high enough.
Additionally, 24 Pet Watch limits the amounts they'll cover on an annual basis to $5,000 (w/24PetWatch Standard), $10,000 (w/24PetWatch Select), or $20,000 (w/24PetWatch Elite) & the amounts they'll pay over the lifetime of your pet.
On account of 24 Pet Watch's per incident & per year coverage limitations - less so for their lifetime limitations, which are more reasonable - we'd recommend you look elsewhere.
What's Included with 24 Pet Watch:
- Coverage for accidents, illnesses and hereditary issues on a sliding scale.
- You pay more for the coverage you should be getting.
- They are a very popular site with a catchy domain name but not the best company we have reviewed
The Fine Print:
- Most states offer new "blanket" coverage. California, Washington, Florida, Massachusetts & New York do not.
- Policies are structured differently & based on lifetime coverage across 12 illness categories.
The Bottom Line:
24 Pet Watch is not the best option we found and their policy limitations are a deal breaker when better alternatives are available.