Medical Alert by Connect America Review
ConsumersAdvocate.org Rating: 8.7 / 10 (Excellent)
Why they’re a good choice
Medical Alert offers a capable medical alert system that can go anywhere in the US. Lightweight and easy to setup, it gives families and loved ones the peace of mind that help will always be a push of a button away. It’s one monthly price, no cost, no hidden fees, no activation charges and no long-term commitment ensures that there are no surprises when it comes to your monthly bills.
What’s included with medical alert
- Plug-and-Play Medical Alert System
- Dedicated 24/7 monitoring with friendly emergency response personnel
- Different types of button to choose from: bracelet, clip-on, or pendant
- Lightweight and easy-to-use devices
- No long-term commitments or contracts required
- Up-to-date technology, products and systems that are automatically tested
- Choose from their on the go, home, and fall detection products
- At Home Landline for $29.99 a month with their annual plan. Includes neck and wrist button.
- At Home No Landline for $34.99 a month with their annual plan. Includes neck and wrist button.
- On The Go for $39.99 a month with their annual plan. Includes lanyard and belt clip with GPS enabled system.
Three month minimum for service, cancelling entitles you to a full refund for any unused prepaid monitoring
Failure to return all equipment in satisfactory condition will result in a charge of $350
You will continued to be billed for $29.95 a month until the unit is returned in good working order
The Bottom Line
Medical Alert offers their service in a monthly basis and does not require long-term contracts. However, the company requires subscribers to commit to an initial 3 months of service so be sure that you fully understand the terms before enrolling. Overall, Medical Alert provides a reliable personal emergency response system. But if you plan on using a medical alert service for the long-term then enrolling in a similar company that provides equally excellent services that provides discounts could be a better option.