MedjetAssist Travel Insurance Review
Disclosure: We receive advertising revenue from this partner.
MedjetAssist is an international air-medical transport company that operates on a membership model. They provide air medical transportation to members who are hospitalized more than 150 miles from home, airlifting them to their hospital of choice for inpatient care. MedjetAssist has over 50 dispatch locations, 250 air ambulances, and offers 24/7 assistance over the phone.
Leave a comment for MedjetAssist Travel Insurance
Customer Comments & Reviews
Loading Reviews ...
When I had a detached retina in Cambodia and contacted Medjet Assist as a member of their service organization, the company initially refused to provide any support at all. Th ebasis of their response was that in the USA retinal re-attachment surgery is done in out-patient facilities normally, and they restrict their evacuation services to medical issues that IN THE USA require hospitalization.They made this determination with no physician review of my overall medical history, despite my having a letter from the local opthalmologist stating I needed urgent care in hospital but that none existed in Cambodia to treat retinal detachment, and I should immediately leave the country for... Read More
- Excellent supplement to traditional travel insurance
- Global medical transport, travel security & crisis response memberships
- Not reliant on the insurer for the hospital selection
- Transport from virtually anywhere to your preferred hospital (150 miles or more from your residence)
- 24/7 assistance and interpretation services for foreign hospitals