Compare Allianz vs. Berkshire Hathaway Travel Insurance
What’s the difference between Allianz Travel Insurance and Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection? See how our editors compare the two companies below.
Select 2 travel insurance companies to compare
- Important Fact: The average out of pocket cost of medical emergency transportation outside the US can be as high as $25,000
- Covers Domestic, International, Cruises & more
- Coverage for medical emergencies, trip cancellation, lost baggage, rental cars, even change fees!
- 24-hour services & kids under 18 covered free
- Enter trip dates, ages of travelers, estimated cost and get a quote - no credit card required!
- Flight schedule monitoring
- Domestic travel insurance starts at $34
- Electronic auto pay
- Mobile claims
- Global travel assistance
- Coverage for tours and cruises
Allianz Travel Insurance review
Allianz was extremely helpful when I became very ill in Lisbon. They guaranteed $20,000 to the hospital (which is secondary insurance and they they worked with my primary insurance and I paid nothing), they flew my sister to Portugal to assist me (she is a doctor and I was by myself), they then flew an EMT from Canada who met me at the hospital and flew me to Spokane, Wash. because I still had an IV in for antibiotics when I was discharged. They also booked us in 1st class. It was helpful that I had one person who was my main contact and knew my situation well. They were amazingly helpful and took care of so many details. I really appreciated their concern and help.