Compare Allianz vs. Travelex Travel Insurance
What’s the difference between Allianz Travel Insurance and Travelex Travel Insurance? See how our editors compare the two companies below.
Last Updated: January 15, 2018
Disclosure: We receive advertising revenue from some partners.
- Accredited by the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating
- Backed by the superior financial strenght ratings of Allianz SE
- Over 100 years of experience in the diversified insurance industry
- A broad range of single trip and multi-trip plans to choose from
- Comprehensive coverage for individuals, households, and businesses
- Rated A+ and accredited by the Better Business Bureau
- Member of the US Travel Insurance Association (UStiA)
- Customizable standard & comprehensive coverages
- Four different benefit levels to choose from
- Up to $500,000 for emergency medical evacuation
- 24/7 travel assistance and concierge services
- Free coverage for minors under their Travel Select plan
Travelex Travel Insurance has a higher overall rating than Allianz Travel Insurance. Travelex scores better than Allianz across: Plans & Coverage, and Customer Service. Both companies score similarly on Financial Strength, and Reputation.
Customer Comments & Reviews
Allianz Travel Insurance review
Allianz was extremely helpful when I became very ill in Lisbon. They guaranteed $20,000 to the hospital (which is secondary insurance and they they worked with my primary insurance and I paid nothing), they flew my sister to Portugal to assist me (she is a doctor and I was by myself), they then flew an EMT from Canada who met me at the hospital and flew me to Spokane, Wash. because I still had an IV in for antibiotics when I was discharged. They also booked us in 1st class. It was helpful that I had one person who was my main contact and knew my situation well. They were amazingly helpful and took care of so many details. I really appreciated their concern and help.