Compare Allianz vs. Travelex Travel Insurance
What’s the difference between Allianz Travel Insurance and Travelex Travel Insurance? See how our editors compare the two companies below.
Select 2 travel insurance companies to compare
- Important Fact: The average out of pocket cost of medical emergency transportation outside the US can be as high as $25,000
- Covers Domestic, International, Cruises & more
- Coverage for medical emergencies, trip cancellation, lost baggage, rental cars, even change fees!
- 24-hour services & kids under 18 covered free
- Enter trip dates, ages of travelers, estimated cost and get a quote - no credit card required!
- Up to $100,000 in emergency medical expense benefits
- Trip cancellation, trip delay, lost or delayed baggage, medical evacuation and travel assistance coverage available
- Kids under 21 covered at no additional cost with the Travel Select plan
- First payer coverage with no deductibles*
- Provides coverage for international and domestic travel, cruises & more
Travelex Travel Insurance has a higher overall rating than Allianz Travel Insurance. Travelex scores better than Allianz across: Coverage, Plans, and Support Services. However, Allianz scores better on Benefits, and Policies & Limitations.
Allianz Travel Insurance review
Allianz was extremely helpful when I became very ill in Lisbon. They guaranteed $20,000 to the hospital (which is secondary insurance and they they worked with my primary insurance and I paid nothing), they flew my sister to Portugal to assist me (she is a doctor and I was by myself), they then flew an EMT from Canada who met me at the hospital and flew me to Spokane, Wash. because I still had an IV in for antibiotics when I was discharged. They also booked us in 1st class. It was helpful that I had one person who was my main contact and knew my situation well. They were amazingly helpful and took care of so many details. I really appreciated their concern and help.