Alert 1 Medical Alert Review
ConsumersAdvocate.org Rating: 7.8 / 10 (Very good)
Why They're an Excellent Choice
Alert 1 is a respected company that's been around for more than 25 years. Their system is durable and utilitarian. What's more, their customer service representatives are fast to answer calls. Though portability and call button design are average, Alert 1's service is consistently rated as being exceptionally reliable.
Price isn't much of a differentiator for Alert 1, as their $39.95-$69.95/mo plan pricing makes them a bit more expensive than average for monthly rates. What the company does have going for it is quality of service. Alert 1 is one of the few providers of medical alert technologies who can boast over 2 decades of satisfied customers.
What's Included with Alert 1:
- 24-Hour access to phone operators.
- 600 ft communication range
- 25+ years in business
- A+ rating with the BBB
- Free extra button for spouse
- Additional accessories, like wall mounted emergency button, voice extenders & extra help buttons sold a la carte.
- 30-day money back guarantee.
- Can cancel plan anytime.
Alert 1's system offers seniors two choices for the base unit - the POM5000, and the 979L.
Additionally, the can be worn as a pendant or around the wrist.
The Fine Print:
- $39.95-$69.95/mo pricing (based on plan length)
- Monthly plan requires 3-month initial payment
- Monthly service required with all plans
The Bottom Line:
The call buttons are not the most elegant, but purely from a quality of service standpoint Alert 1 is one of the top medical alert systems on the market.