Best Moving Companies in Tampa, Florida
Tampa, home to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, is a city on the Western coast of Florida. With an estimated population of 370,000, Tampa is the third largest city in the state, as well as the fifty-third in the nation.
Since its incorporation as a city in 1887, Tampa’s population has shown a nearly uninterrupted rate of increase, barring a slight dip in the 1970s. As with its population, Tampa’s cost of living has enjoyed a similar year-over-year increase of just over two percent. This puts Tampa on the same level as other prominent consistently growing cities, including Chicago, Illinois, and St. Louis, Missouri.
Although it’s picturesque environs and warm climate seem ideal, Tampa is lacking in one major respect - public transportation. Relying solely on the Hillsborough Area Regional Transit system (HART), Tampa’s public transportation revolves around a bus-only infrastructure. Despite it’s 49 routes, the HART system is only able to accommodate a daily ridership average of 40,000, equaling a mere 2.8% of the county’s population. Although there are plans in place to construct a rail system, for now, those looking into a move to Tampa would be wise to invest in a vehicle.
In contrast to cities with similar size and population values, Tampa skews to the lower end of the density spectrum, with an average of 3,200 people per square mile. With that in mind, accommodation shies away from high-rise condominiums and more towards proper homes and suburbs. In fact, Tampa boasts some of the cleanest, safest, and family-friendly suburbs in the state of Florida. This in combination with the temperate climate and a myriad of outdoor activities, consistently makes Tampa one of the most desirable places to relocate to in the country.
If a move to Tampa is in the cards, remain aware that when comparing prices, the overall cost will be largely based on needed travel distance. If you are currently living in New York City, the cost will come in at a relatively-cheap average price of $1,500, due to the inter-city distance of 1,140 miles. On the other hand, if San Francisco is your place of residence, the 2,900 mile distance is a key factor in the more-expensive average of $3,000.
Top 4 Tampa Moving Companies
- Our #1 Choice - 5 Star Rating Moving Company
- Long-Distance and International Moving
- FREE Moving quotes
- Personal Account Manager
- Featured in USA Today
- Top rated across the web
- Auto Shipping Available Too.
- Online Move Booking Tool - Rated an A+ by the BBB
- 100% Price and Service Guarantee - No Surprises
- As Seen on CNN, Forbes, CNBC, TechCrunch & TNW.
- Payment Protection - Movers Don't Get Paid Until It's Done!
- Insured and Licensed Moving Companies
- Compare movers, prices and reviews in minutes
- Book your Move Online – Save 45%
- No Obligation Price Quotation
- Rated an A+ by the BBB
- Track a Shipment Online
- With more than 678,126 Service Rendered
- No Down Payment and Deposit Needed
- Free Online Quotes
- Covered Long Distance Moving Services
- Equipped to Handle Local Moves of Any Size
- Licensed, Fully-trained and Uniformed Moving Crews
- Includes Complimentary Padding and Stretch Wrapping
Certification / Credentials - 10%
Services & Features - 10%
Target Customers - 25%
Types of Moving Services - 30%
Storage - 15%
Customer Support - 10%