Best Moving Companies in Dallas, Texas
Dallas is the third largest city in Texas and part of the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex, which is the 4th largest metropolitan area in the country. With an individual population of approximately 1.3 million, it’s the third largest city in the state, as well the ninth in the country. Just as its population has steadily increased since the 19th century, so too have the prices. Dallas now has an average annual cost of living increase hovering around two percent. This puts Dallas on par with other similarly placed cities such as Detroit, Michigan, San Diego, and Salt Lake City.
The Dallas Area Rapid Transit, or DART, authority supplies the city’s demand for public transportation. Complete with light rail, commuter rail, streetcar, and bus systems, DART connects the city with all 12 of its suburbs, as well as the Dallas-Fort Worth airport. It does so across 92 miles of track, thus making DART the largest system of its kind in the United States. With a reported daily ridership average of 210,000, nearly a fifth of Dallas’ population is utilizing DART services on a daily basis. In truth, if you are considering a move to Dallas, keep in mind that proper DART usage could eliminate the need for a vehicle.
Considering all this, Dallas is actually significantly less dense when compared to other major cities in the United States, with 3,800 people per square mile. This is in large contrast to New York City, which boasts 28,000 per square mile, as well as Philadelphia’s 11,600, and Seattle’s 8,400. As such, Dallas has less of a need for high-rise housing, instead the city mainly consists of large, house-centric suburbs.
Assuming that relocation to Dallas becomes a reality, bear in mind that costs will vary depending on the transportation distance. For a instance, a move from San Francisco, which lies 1,700 miles away, could incur a moving cost between $2,800 and $3,200. New York City, on the other hand, at 1,550 miles away, is slightly closer to Dallas. This reduction in distance will commensurately lower the cost down to the $2,100 to $2,500 range.
Top 4 Dallas Moving Companies
- Our #1 Choice - 5 Star Rating Moving Company
- Long-Distance and International Moving
- FREE Moving quotes
- Personal Account Manager
- Featured in USA Today
- Top rated across the web
- Auto Shipping Available Too.
- No Obligation Price Quotation
- Rated an A+ by the BBB
- Track a Shipment Online
- With more than 678,126 Service Rendered
- No Down Payment and Deposit Needed
- Online Move Booking Tool - Rated an A+ by the BBB
- 100% Price and Service Guarantee - No Surprises
- As Seen on CNN, Forbes, CNBC, TechCrunch & TNW.
- Payment Protection - Movers Don't Get Paid Until It's Done!
- Insured and Licensed Moving Companies
- Compare movers, prices and reviews in minutes
- Book your Move Online – Save 45%
- Free Online Quotes
- Covered Long Distance Moving Services
- Equipped to Handle Local Moves of Any Size
- Licensed, Fully-trained and Uniformed Moving Crews
- Includes Complimentary Padding and Stretch Wrapping
Certification / Credentials - 10%
Services & Features - 10%
Target Customers - 25%
Types of Moving Services - 30%
Storage - 15%
Customer Support - 10%