Best Medical Alerts for Kids
Medical alert bracelets are usually thought of as a device to assist the elderly, but they can also be a great way to monitor and protect young children, before or instead of a cell phone. For a child with a medical condition, an alert bracelet can not only notify others about health concerns and allergies, but also provide GPS tracking for parents and caregivers. This can be especially useful, if they walk to and from school on their own or take the bus alone. Following, you'll find our selection of the best medical alerts for children.
1. Bay Alarm Medical - Bay Alarm Medical's medical alerts offer 24/7 push-button help for use during an emergency. Operators initiate two-way communication, track the location fo the device, and if necessary, contact family and local 911 services. Bay Alarm Medical is proud of their reliability which they've ensured by having their monitoring partner create a network of emergency response centers, in order to provide immediate coverage if one were to go offline. All of Bay Alarm Medical's plans have the option of adding a Mobile GPS help device, which we recommend for children, as they can remain as mobile as they wish, without sacrificing coverage.
2. Life Station - Life Station offers a premium mobile pendant device with 24/7 GPS monitoring technology for use outside of the home. This on-the-go unit provides users with a constant connection to LifeStation’s monitoring center, which is ideal for a medical alert device for children. With both a speaker and a microphone, the pendant can make an emergency call connection anywhere nationwide, as long as a good cellular phone connection can be established. every full charge can last 36 hours, depending on circumstances.
3. MobileHelp - MobileHelp's Cellular Duo medical alert system features a mobile device with a built-in microphone and speaker for communicating directly with MobileHelp personnel via AT&T's coverage network. This means that the wearer doesn't have to be near a monitoring base to access emergency help. Their free customer support offers 24/7, U.S.-based help. Best of all, MobileHelp doesn't require a landline, cellular contract, long-term contract, or equipment purchase. Lastly, thanks to their 30 day trial period, purchasing a medical alert with MobileHelp is virtually risk-free.
4. GreatCall - GreatCall Lively Mobile medical alert device has patented GPS technology which confirms the user's location quickly and accurately. It's waterproof, easy to wear, and includes fall detection. Their highly trained, certified agents are fully trained in emergency procedures, with the fastest response time, as awarded by Good Housekeeping Research Institute. In addition to their emergency response system, GreatCall can also provide 24/7 access to registered nurses and board-certified doctors. They require no annual contracts, have zero cancellation fees, and offer 100% U.S.-based service.
Top 4 Medical Alerts for Kids
- Most Popular Choice - A+ Rating with BBB
- Special pricing for AARP and USAA members
- FREE Equipment, Activation, and Gift!
- $25.95/ Month (billed 2x a year). No Long-Term Contract or Hidden Fees.
- 1,000 ft. Range, Waterproof Pendant & 36-hr Battery Life.
- Landline, Cellular, and GPS with Automatic Fall Detection
- USA-based and UL Certified 24/7 Monitoring Centers
- UL Listed and CSAA Five Diamond Certified monitoring center
- Monitoring center located in the US (no outsourcing)
- In business since 1977
- Ability to dispatch emergency and non-emergency responders
- Free, quick and easy installation (plug and play)
- No landline required
- A+ Rating with BBB
- Popular among mobile seniors
- From $29.95/mo with no equipment fees
- 30 Day Risk Free Trial
- Industry-leading hardware
- No Contract & Lifetime Warranty
- Offers Automatic Fall Detection Button
- Starts as Low as $19.99/mo
- Unlimited Range with GPS Technology
- Mobile, Waterproof, 1-button Medical Alert
- Free shipping
- No landline required
- No Contracts or Installation Fees
- Fall Detection and Device Replacement
- Use Promo Code: GCJB010 after you input your credit card at the very end for 10% off!
Equipment & Features - 20%
Coverage - 10%
Maintenance & Repairs - 12%
Monitoring Services - 25%
Service Agreements - 18%
Cost - 5%
Reviews - 10%