Best Home Security in San Antonio, Texas
San Antonio, Texas, is an increasingly dangerous city. According to the 2016 FBI report on violent crime, San Antonio has experienced an almost 25% increase in crime, more than 50% in violent crime, and an almost 53% climb in murders. As one of the fastest-growing cities in the country, with a large disparity in income status, there is some concern that San Antonio may not be able to scale their police force and law enforcement in order to keep up with the population boom.
Even within the rest of Texas, the crime in San Antonio is disproportionately high, more than 96% that of other communities. At one in twenty, the chances of being a victim of property crime are considerably higher than the national average. The neighborhoods most at risk for property crimes include Cable-Westwood, Thompson Community, Denver Heights, and Coliseum-Willow Park. Residential burglaries and robberies directly affect people’s quality of life, whether or not they were victims themselves, by upsetting their feelings of safety and security within their community.
There are a number of smaller fixes to make your home less attractive to thieves, such as consistently making sure that locks are set, eliminating large bushes or other visual cover from entrances and windows, and leaving on a light when away at night. However, as a large, quickly growing city, San Antonio will always be more prone to burglaries than smaller, more rural communities. Several things that might contribute to your risk factor include its nearness to transportation hubs, pawn shops, and socially disadvantaged or disorganized areas. Risky time periods depend on the day of the week, but more San Antonio burglaries take place during work hours.
The single best way to increase your safety from theft in San Antonio, however, is a good, basic home security system. At their most basic, these monitor windows and doors via sensors and a central control panel—but most also offer additional features such as fire, smoke, carbon monoxide, and flooding detection. The companies we’ve mentioned below also offer full automation services, which allow you to control not only your security system, but also the temperature in your house, and the light switches, for example. These additional features protect you from intruders, and from other dangers.
Whether you’re considering a home security system in San Antonio or any other part of the country, one of the most important things is your budget. Most companies in San Antonio offer free consultations, on-site inspections, and quotes with different coverage options, so comparison shopping can be made easier by approaching more than one. Some common costs may include an installation fee, monthly fee, and a possible equipment fee as well, which may be billed as a one-time expense or as a monthly rental fee. While some systems require a standard three year term-length contract, others have auto-renewal policies, and still others insist on cancellation fees.
Lastly, make sure to thoroughly review each company’s standing and customer service. A good home security company will make sure to offer efficient, 24/7 monitoring and coverage, with guarantees. Verify their Better Business Bureau grade, and whether their monitoring centers are UL listed (this means they’ve met or exceeded the standards set forth by Underwriter’s Laboratories, an internationally recognized safety science company), and that they ideally have a five diamond certification rating from the Central Station Alarm Association (CSAA).
Below, we’ve gathered a list of the top home security companies offering service in San Antonio, Texas. Each one features good response times, efficient customer service, and affordable, customizable plans tailored to your needs and budget.
Top 4 San Antonio Home Security
- Angie’s List Super Service Award winner 5 years running. Editor's Choice.
- GE wireless hardware - camera, & mobile app options
- Best reputation in Home Security
- 30-day free trial & 3-year term
- Top quality monitoring, from $34.99/mo
- ADT's monitoring is the most trusted & popular in the US
- Get it installed by a pro - save time, don't risk doing it wrong
- Remote Arm/Disarm With Mobile App to Stay Connected
- 3-year term. 2-year term (in California)
- Website doesn't show pricing, call 866-946-7173
- Qualification: 600+ credit score
- Award-winning Home Security from $19.99
- Affordable yet effective equipment
- Quick setup with no installation fees
- 3-year term
- Qualification: 600+ Fico Score
- Expect to pay $19.99-$42.99/mo
- Recommended for No-Annual-Contract Security
- 24-Hour Monitoring Across U.S.
- Smartphone App Control & Nest® Compatible
- Easy to use and install system
- Professional monitoring starts at $35/month
- Wireless Camera now available
- No contracts!
- Free Motion Camera when you use promo code “FREECAMERA”