Best Full Coverage Dental Insurance
Dental procedures are one of the most expensive office visits in American healthcare, but a good, full-coverage dental insurance with preventive services, can greatly defray those costs, while still charging certain fees. Even for basic dental insurance plans, these type of basic services receive the most amount of coverage. Full coverage means different things to each dental health insurance provider, and depends on two major factors: the plan itself and the type of dental procedure to be performed.
Just like any type of insurance policy, dental plans work by charging you yearly or monthly premiums in exchange for coverage. Plans with higher premiums have higher coverage, and are more likely to offer full coverage dental insurance. Some examples of diagnostic and preventive services completely covered by full coverage plans (and only about 80% for average coverage) include exams, fluoride, cleanings, space maintainers, emergency pain treatment, brush biopsies, sealants, radiographs and X-rays. Basic procedures such as minor restorative services, root canals, treatments for gum disease, and partial or complete denture repair have only 60% average coverage, but are fully insured with full coverage plans. Finally, major procedures like crowns, bridges, implants, and dentures have just 50% average coverage.
The percent of coverage may also vary when treatment is performed by a non-network dentist. Dental insurance companies can have set fees per treatment, which may be different from those charged by non-network dentists. For maximum dental insurance benefits, it is advised that people seek treatment from network-dentists.
Most companies, no matter what the premium, won't cover procedures considered purely cosmetic, such as tooth-colored fillings or adult cosmetic orthodontics. Every dental insurance company you look at covers different percentages of each potential procedure, and the cost for each will also vary. Many people find that their best bet is to combine a dental insurance policy with a low annual cap, with a dental savings plan. To that end, we also included a dental savings plan provider in our list.
1. eHealth - eHealth is the first provider of health insurance policies over the internet, including dental plans. The website lets people choose between different provider's policies with a comparison tool, online application and licensed, plan selection advisors. They feature 24-hour approval, and excellent customer support. eHealth dental plans are priced competitively, and can start as low as $10.29 a month, with different types and levels of coverage. Their wide network of dental insurance providers mean that you'll have a broad range of plans, that can be fully tailored to your specific needs. eHealth can also save you both money and time, by helping keep you well-informed.
2. Delta Dental - Delta Dental is one of the largest dental health insurance providers in the country. They provide access to over 145,000 dentists at more than 292,000 office locations, with some of the most comprehensive discounts in the industry, averaging 20.3% on all claims. Diagnostic, preventive and basic services are all available from the first day of coverage. With either of their two main plans, Delta Dental PPO and Delta Dental Premier, you'll save the most when visiting a dentist within the network. Coverage may not extend to your every dental need, and most will have limitations, such as the number of cleanings you can have every year. Additionally, procedures may be limited or denied based on a clinical review by one of their licensed dental consultants. Even so, Delta Dental doe shave some of the most comprehensive coverage plans in dental care.
3. :DentalPlans - :DentalPlans is a bit different than other dental plan providers, as they focus on dental savings. For an annual fee, they provide access to their network of dental providers, obtaining discounted plans for providers in your area, in a fashion similar to a warehouse savings company. :DentalPlans' search feature allows you to simply enter your zip code and search for plans or dentists based on pre-selected parameters. The plans all get activated automatically, without any waiting period, no matter the treatment. There are also zero health restrictions, no annual limits or paperwork hassles, and can even save your money for purely cosmetic procedures. Their 100,000-strong network of dentists spans the country, making quality dental care affordable and accessible, with coverage for all types of procedures.
4. Humana - Humana is one of the largest providers of dental insurance in the United States. They offer four types of different dental plans with various levels of coverage, effectively tailoring their policies to your budget and needs. The plans generally vary by state, in some of which there is no required waiting period regardless of the procedure, whereas others do have a six-month wait for fillings and basic oral surgeries. Across the U.S., the Humana Dental Loyalty Plus Plan has low coverage amounts and percentages during the first year, and these gradually reach reach their maximum by year three, as a reward for loyalty. This plan also has a one-time deductible per person or family. Once it's met, you never have to pay for another one, as long as you stick with the plan. Humana's wide range of dental plans ensures you can find one with the amount of coverage that's right for you, and best fills your needs.
Top 4 Full Coverage Dental insurance
- Highly competitive prices from most major providers including Delta Dental
- Dental indemnity plan
- More than 200 licensed agents
- 24/7 Live Chat Support
- Online Account Management
- Network of more than 145,000 dentists and 292,000 office locations
- Serves 60 million, 1/3 of the entire American public
- Delta Dental companies processed 93 million dental claims in 2012 alone with an accuracy rate of 99.7 percent
- Also available from our partner eHealthInsurance.com
- Connect with over 100,000 dentists nationwide
- 30+ Dental Savings Plans to Choose from
- No annual limits for dental savings plans
- 30 day Refund Policy
- Detailed dental saving reports for each procedure
- 10-60% off Dental Procedures including (cleanings, X-rays, dentures, root canals, fillings and even braces!)
- New users get 10% off ANY plan and 2-Month FREE! Use promo code: ADVOCATE
- No waiting period for discounted services
- Details vary by state. Easy Online Quotes!
- Available from our partner eHealth Dental Insurance
Coverage - 20%
Benefit Limits - 15%
Plan Options - 15%
Customer Service - 20%
Cost - 15%
Reviews - 15%