Best Full Coverage Dental Insurance
Dental procedures are one of the most expensive office visits in American healthcare, but a good, full-coverage dental insurance with preventive services, can greatly defray those costs, while still charging certain fees. Even for basic dental insurance plans, these type of basic services receive the most amount of coverage. Full coverage means different things to each dental health insurance provider, and depends on two major factors: the plan itself and the type of dental procedure to be performed.
Just like any type of insurance policy, dental plans work by charging you yearly or monthly premiums in exchange for coverage. Plans with higher premiums have higher coverage, and are more likely to offer full coverage dental insurance. Some examples of diagnostic and preventive services completely covered by full coverage plans (and only about 80% for average coverage) include exams, fluoride, cleanings, space maintainers, emergency pain treatment, brush biopsies, sealants, radiographs and X-rays. Basic procedures such as minor restorative services, root canals, treatments for gum disease, and partial or complete denture repair have only 60% average coverage, but are fully insured with full coverage plans. Finally, major procedures like crowns, bridges, implants, and dentures have just 50% average coverage.
The percent of coverage may also vary when treatment is performed by a non-network dentist. Dental insurance companies can have set fees per treatment, which may be different from those charged by non-network dentists. For maximum dental insurance benefits, it is advised that people seek treatment from network-dentists.
Most companies, no matter what the premium, won't cover procedures considered purely cosmetic, such as tooth-colored fillings or adult cosmetic orthodontics. Every dental insurance company you look at covers different percentages of each potential procedure, and the cost for each will also vary. Many people find that their best bet is to combine a dental insurance policy with a low annual cap with a dental savings plan. To that end, we also included a dental savings plan provider in our list.
1. eHealth - eHealth was a pioneer website for connecting health insurance providers with uninsured customers, including dental plans. The website's comparison tool, online application and licensed, plan selection advisors help people inform themselves and select amongst different insurer policies. Their 24-hour approval is among the quickest in the industry, and they also provide exceptional customer support. eHealth dental plans are competitively priced for as little as $10.29 monthly, with different types and levels of coverage. The comprehensive network of dental insurance providers they can connect you with means that you'll have access to an ample selection of plans that can be customized to offer full coverage, according to your needs.
2. Delta Dental - As one of the largest providers in the business, Delta Dental has a network of more than 145,000 dentists at 292,000 office locations. They also average 20.3% off on all claims, thereby providing excellent savings. Coverage begins on day one for all diagnostic, preventive and basic services. All four Denta Dental individual and family plans have zero waiting periods for diagnostic and preventive services, but the Platinum policy provides the most coverage (including 70% for implants and occlusal guards, and a maximum annual benefit of $2500). Some procedures, however, may have limited access or even be denied, depending on a clinical review by one of Delta Dental's licensed dental consultants.
3. :DentalPlans - :DentalPlans primary efforts are directed towards offering dental savings. Their yearly fee connects buyers to their network of dental providers, in order to get discounted plans for providers in their area, much like a warehouse savings company. With a simple search feature that just requires your zip code, you can instantly search for policies or dentists, according to pre-selected parameters. Independently of the procedure, every plan is automatically activated, with zero waiting period. :DentalPlan doesn't have any health restrictions, or annual limits, and can be done completely online. They can even save you money for procedures considered solely cosmetic. With more than 100,000 dentists nationwide, :DentalPlan makes obtaining high-quality, efficient dental care both affordable and accessible, for every type of treatment.
4. Humana - Humana offers four different types of dental policies, providing varying levels of coverage, which can be customized to a customer's budget and requirements. Each policy varies by state, but Dental Loyalty Plus has the most comprehensive coverage, which scales up in percentage and reaches a maximum of 70% for basic services and 50% for major services by the third year. This policy offers a one-time deductible per person or family, which, once met, need not be paid for again. Since Humana's policies can be fully tailored, you're certain to be able to find one with the amount of coverage you need.
Top 4 Full Coverage Dental insurance
- Highly competitive prices from most major providers including Delta Dental
- Dental indemnity plan
- More than 200 licensed agents
- 24/7 Live Chat Support
- Online Account Management
- Network of more than 145,000 dentists and 292,000 office locations
- Serves 60 million, 1/3 of the entire American public
- Delta Dental companies processed 93 million dental claims in 2012 alone with an accuracy rate of 99.7 percent
- Also available from our partner eHealthInsurance.com
- Connect with over 100,000 dentists nationwide
- 30+ Dental Savings Plans to Choose from
- No annual limits for dental savings plans
- 30 day Refund Policy
- Detailed dental saving reports for each procedure
- 10-60% off Dental Procedures including (cleanings, X-rays, dentures, root canals, fillings and even braces!)
- New users get 10% off ANY plan and 2-Month FREE! Use promo code: ADVOCATE
- No waiting period for discounted services
- Details vary by state. Easy Online Quotes!
- Available from our partner eHealth Dental Insurance
Coverage - 20%
Benefit Limits - 15%
Plan Options - 15%
Customer Service - 20%
Cost - 15%
Reviews - 15%