Best VA Small Business Loans
To find the best small business loans for veterans, we looked at loan terms and conditions, requirements, amounts, and accessibility.
In 2015, Forbes magazine found that 3 million companies in the U.S. were veteran-owned. The reasons for this are manifold, but some financial experts attribute veterans' business successes to lessons learned in the military: the ability to thrive in small groups and unique situations, flexibility, leadership skills, teamwork, competitive spirit, mission-orientation and focus.
Resources designed specifically for veterans include the Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans (EBV) program, government certification as a veteran-owned business, and the Small Business Administration's (SBA) Boots2Business. The SBA also supports veterans by providing access to business counseling and training, capital and business development opportunities through government contracts, as well as through their Veterans Advantage program, which eliminates the upfront guaranty fee for SBA Express Loans.
1. OnDeck - OnDeck conveniently offers small business loans for veterans of up to $500,000 that are ideal for expansion capital, with more speed and fewer qualifications than a traditional lender. They also provide expert, intensively trained advisors to help assess each borrower's business, across a range of 700 different industries. OnDeck's commitment to encouraging and developing small businesses is evidenced by their flexible terms and rates based on the business’ performance, and not solely on personal credit history. In less than ten minutes, OnDeck's loan applications are available both online or over the phone. Businesses generally receive responses within minutes, and access to funds in as little as 24 hours. Though their minimum personal credit score requirement for term loans is just 500, most of their borrowers' scores are 660 or higher. Average gross revenue for businesses that receive funding generally exceeds $450,000, and they have a median of seven years in operation.
2. Kabbage - Kabbage looks at a business' accounting, banking and e-commerce data to determine loan approval. Their minimal reliance on credit scores makes them an ideal fit for borrowers with problematic credit histories. Kabbage's loans for customers with rocky credit histories, however, can be expensive, with a complicated fee structure and annual percentage rates between 24% and 99%. Borrowers looking for speedy access to working capital will find Kabbage an ideal fit, as they may be approved and funded in the space of a few days, after a simple application process. Most of their loans are given to borrowers with credit scores above 500, but Kabbage mainly evaluates the company's linked accounts, average monthly revenue and number of years in business.
3. Lending Tree - Lending Tree connects veterans looking for small business and funding partners from their network. These lenders offer a series of small business loan types, including short term loans, term loans, business lines of credit, working capital loans, equipment loans, and accounts receivable financing. Lending Tree has helped finance over 40 million people, and is one of the largest and most respected online lenders in the industry. The application process is simple and straightforward, and can be completed in minutes. They then put veteran borrowers in contact with a maximum of four lenders, greatly increasing the chances of obtaining better rates and loan terms.
4. Torro - Torro links vets seeking a loan with small business lenders, brokers, and private investors who provide loans with low rates and affordable payments. They not only work with existing companies, but also with startups, and hard to place loans. Obtaining a loan through Torro couldn't be easier, as they don't require asset verification, business appraisals, and very little paperwork. Their loans for startups are divided between financing documented or idea-based ventures, and are especially convenient for veterans. Torro also facilitates access to merchant cash advance loans, for the quickest funding available. These are approved based on the borrower's future projected income and are repaid by taking a small percentage from each credit card transaction.
Top 4 VA Small Business Loans
- Our #1 Choice: A+ BBB Rating - 9.7 of 10 on TrustPilot
- Largest Small Business Online Lender - 50k+ Customers
- Loans up to $500k, and Lines of Credit up to $100k
- Decision in minutes - no obligation
- Funding in as fast as 24 hours
- Must have 100k in revenue, minimum 12 mo in business, 500+ Fico
- Revolving line of credit up to $150,000!
- Apply online and get a decision right away
- No hidden fees, pay only when you access your line for the amount you take
- Monthly payments with no origination fees or prepayment penalties
- Friendly support representatives
- Business loans & lines of credit for everything you need: cash flow, debt, new equipment, etc.
- Great choice for Small Business Loans A+ BBB Accredited Company
- Fill out a short form (less than 3 minutes) and save money by comparing up to 4 free offers
- When banks compete, you win!
- Must have 100k in revenue, 12 mo in business
- Established Company Loans: $10k to $500k - No Collateral or Financials!
- Fast approval with 48-hour funding
- A+ BBB Accredited
- Simple & paperless loan application
- Multiple funding options for different types of business
- Access to a list of small business lenders, brokers, and private investors
Don't see the business you are looking for?
Related to VA Small Business Loans
Comparing VA Small Business Loans
Loan Options - 20%
Application Process - 25%
Rates & Fees - 30%
Reputation - 25%