Rating: 9.6 / 10 (Excellent)
12 Customer Reviews - see all comments
Disclosure: We receive advertising revenue from some partners. Learn more.
UnitedHealthcare provides wellness coverage for short-term health insurance, employees, families and individuals. Its health insurance plans includes coverage for dental, life, vision and disability. UnitedHealthcare offers 4 major types of plans; bronze, silver, gold and platinum. Covered services include laboratory, prescription drugs, hospitalization and medical services in general.  

What’s Included with United Health Care?

  • Rehabilitative and habilitative devices and services
  • Pediatric Services that includes vision and oral care
  • Laboratory services
  • Prescription drugs
  • Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
  • Ambulatory patient services
  • Hospitalization
  • Maternity and newborn care
  • Emergency services
  • Mental health and substance use disorder services including health treatment

Types of Health Insurance Plans

Businesses and Organizations


Individuals and Families


Short-Term Health Insurance


Other Insurance Plans Offered:

  • Vision Insurance
  • Critical Illness Insurance
  • International Travel Medical Insurance
  • Dental Insurance
  • Disability Income Insurance

Plans Reviewed

Bronze Insurance Plan

UnitedHealthcare’s Bronze Plan offers the most affordable monthly premium but has the highest out-of-pocket costs for health care services. It covers 60% of health care expenses while the remaining 40% is divided to be paid by the beneficiary as a co-payment, co-insurance, or deductible.

Silver Insurance Plan

The company has created Silver Plan which covers 70% of health care expenses while gives consumers a remaining 30% that is considered to be out-of-pocket expenses. Compared to their Bronze Plan, it has lower out-of-pocket costs and monthly premium rates.

Gold Insurance Plan

Gold Plan pays a total of 80% of health care expenses that are covered by UnitedHeathcare. Consumers pay the remaining 20% in the form of co-insurance, co-payment, and deductible. It provides a wider range of medical services which let policyholders have higher monthly premium in return for a lower out-of-pocket expenses.

Platinum Insurance Plan

Platinum Plan has the highest monthly premium among the company’s insurance plans. It covers 90% of health care expenses while gives policyholders a 10% remaining balance to pay as a deductible, co-payment, or co-insurance.

*UnitedHealthcare requires clients to pay a co-insurance or co-payment for the services they cover. In case a specific service is not covered by the company, customers are obliged to pay for all the expenses associated in it.

How Much Does It Save You?


60% of covered health care expenses


70% of covered health care expenses


80% of covered health care expenses


90% of covered health care expenses 


UnitedHealthcare offers an easy to understand health insurance plans that comes with its own unique coverage and benefit limits. It offers an extensive list of covered services and treatments which protects you against costly medical expenses.

Top Rated
Our Partner
9.7 / 10
  • Customizable Short-Term Health Plans for Gaps in Coverage
  • Eligible expenses include dental services, hospital services, and outpatient services
  • Visit any doctor in the Choice Plus network; no referral and no primary care physician (PCP) required
  • Coverage terms range from 30 days to less than 3 months
  • Customize your plan by selecting term, maximum lifetime benefit, out-of-pocket maximum, deductible, and coinsurance.

Latest UnitedHealthcare Reviews

Mihai G
Newark, New Jersey

A bullshit company. They refuse to pay what you are entitled to. Never deal with them, just go somewhere else.

Irvin B
Lafayette, Louisiana

D Don't give them your credit card because they will charge it and you get no insurance. And they keep charging you after they cancel you

Irvin B
Lafayette, Louisiana

D Don't give them your credit card because they will charge it and you get no insurance. And they keep charging you after they cancel you

Englewood, Colorado

Very simple, and along the same lines of nearly every other complaint. I take a specialized medication, and due to "contracting", basically greed, they decide that an alternative will work for me. My doctor disagrees, but United HC does not care. If their stakeholders get an extra penny and I die, they seem fine with that. Pathetic!

Brookline, Missouri

HORRIBLE SUPERVISOR BECKY K 154 My son has medicaid and he had an appointment to bee seen by his dentist. We don't have dentists nearby that accept Medicaid so I had to schedule transportation services, considering that I'm disabled myself and that the facility where we had to go is an hour away. So I did, I called Medicaid and they booked the service for the right day. However, they called me back the next day to tel me that I had to book it through United Health Care and that's when my nightmare started. So I called United and they told me that because it was not a medical emergency, they couldn't book the trip, that it was too late. I explained to Dotty H and Becky K that the delay was... Read More

Lincoln, Nebraska

Do not trust this United Healthcare. They do not care if we suffer. They do not care if we are in pain. They only care if you pay them. I get migraines sadly a lot. The Rizatriptan pills helps so much that I don't loose work or suffer. Up until this year I could only get 12 pills a month. I could cope with that. But now I can only get 4. Yeah just 4. So suffer very much and be in pain? They have made it very clear that they could care less,.... And oh I have to pay them to do this to me. They said to contact my doctor to get him to give me more. That makes no sense at all. !2 pills a month is not many, not many at all. So why force the doctor to add more to the 4 limit. They... Read More

Hyattsville, Maryland

All I wanted was a quote to compare rates. They are the biggest waste of time.. Absolutely worthless company in my opinion. I wasted probably an hour waiting to speak to one of their retards and dealing with their faltering phone system. The phone transfer system doesn't work.. Constantly saying they are having phone service issues. I call the number direct that someone provided.. I gave the idiot all my personal information including my address, state, etc.. Then he says he will now transfer me. So an agent picks up to give me a quote.. Then he says United no longer provides individual insurance in the state of Maryland.. But they do provide groupe plans.. How weird. So he transfers... Read More

Tom W
Simpsonville, South Carolina

This insurance is a horrible excuse for insurance. I have been with this insurance for a long time. The insurance customer service hung up on me as did the delivery company of my medical supplies. The price quoted is not what you will be expected to pay. Thomas W

Houston, Texas

Horrible company. Incompetent in every aspect. I have been trying to get a tetanus vaccine for three days now, and, despite calling United ahead of time, doing my homework, and following their instructions (and spending going on 9 hours and counting both on the phone with United and multiple trips to multiple healthcare facilities) I have yet to be able to get the vaccine. United agrees that it is covered, but, "their system is down" (and, according to one healthcare facility, has been for at least 10 days) and United claims that, "no one at United can authorize the healthcare facility to provide the vaccine and process the claim later," if and when the United system comes back up."... Read More

Vivian M
Cypress, California

It is a horrible insurance. They deny everything without even looking at your records. I was given a choice between UHC and Kaiser a few months ago when I retired. It looks like I am going to have to go to Kaiser after all.

American Fork, Utah

Worst insurance company ever. I called an asked if a hospital was in network for my wife to deliver her baby in. They told me yes they are network. Well my wife had her baby there and we get the bill for over 7,000$ and they said that hospital was out of network. I called multiple times to get it corrected and they still have not adjusted it. This was just the biggest problem I have had with them their are others too. Do not get them.

Pennsauken, New Jersey

in October ( enrollment period ) I was given a quote for a medicare rx plan and the representative I spoke to gave me a co pay price for the prescription I had and I signed up for the policy, now I am told by united health care that my prescription is not covered period and I am stuck paying for this coverage that does not help me due to misrepresentation or fraud, call it what you want. Be very careful when getting quote from AARP/Medicarerx plans