Agile Health Insurance Review

Rating: 9.7 / 10 (Excellent)
12 Customer Reviews - see all comments
Disclosure: We receive advertising revenue from some partners. Learn more.
Agile Health Insurance is an online source for short term life insurance. It offers instant quotes from multiple health insurance companies. The company allows customers to easily compare health insurance quotes and find the best provider that meets their needs. Qualified customers can be approved in as little as 15 minutes and flexible term health insurance plans with 360- to 364-day options.

What’s Included with Agile Health Insurance?

  • Laboratory services
  • Prescription drugs
  • Hospitalization
  • Pediatric services that includes vision and oral care
  • Maternity and newborn care
  • Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
  • Rehabilitative and habilitative devices and services
  • Ambulatory patient services
  • Emergency services

*Information based on United Health Care Health Insurance

Types of Health Insurance Plans

Agile let consumers choose from different types of health insurance plans that their providers offer. Each health insurance company has distinctive type of plans rendered which fits their customer’s specific needs.

Businesses and Organizations


Individuals and Families


Short-Term Health Insurance


*Information based on United Health Care Health Insurance

Plans Reviewed

Bronze Insurance Plan

  • Affordable monthly premium with highest out-of-pocket costs
  • Covers 60% of health care expenses while remaining 40% is divided to be paid by the beneficiary as co-payment, co-insurance, or deductible.

Silver Insurance Plan

  • Covers 70% of health care expenses while remaining 30% is considered to be out-of-pocket expenses
  • Lower out-of-pocket cost and monthly premium rates compared to Bronze Plan.

Gold Insurance Plan

  • Pays a total of 80% of health care expenses
  • Consumers pay the remaining 20% in the form of co-payment, co-insurance, and deductible.
  • Provides wider range of medical services
  • Higher monthly premium in return for lower out-of-pocket expenses

Platinum Insurance Plan

  • Highest monthly premium
  • Covers 90% of health care expenses while giving customers 10% remaining balance to pay as a deductible, co-payment, or co-insurance.

*Information based on United Health Care Health Insurance

How Much Does It Save You?

Prices offered to consumers vary on their chosen health insurance provider and coverage plan. The more coverage their health insurance has, the higher their quote will be.


60% of covered health care expenses


70% of covered health care expenses


80% of covered health care expenses


90% of covered health care expenses 

*Information based on United Health Care Health Insurance

Annual Maximum Limit

Annual maximum limit also depends on the health insurance company a customer chooses to work with. Most companies do not have annual maximum limit on specific covered services in their policy while other providers have. Make sure to check it with each health insurance carrier to know their limit on their coverage plans.


Agile Health Insurance makes enrolling for short term life insurance policy with its easy online application that can be accomplished in as little as 15 minutes. It even lets people select from multiple life insurance policies from different life insurance providers enabling them to select the best life insurance policies based on coverage and premiums. But being affordable does not stop policy holders from enjoying access to a wide selection of health care providers including dental discounts and customized plans from 1 month to 11 months.

Top Rated
Our Partner
9.7 / 10
  • Customizable Short-Term Health Plans for Gaps in Coverage
  • Eligible expenses include dental services, hospital services, and outpatient services
  • Visit any doctor in the Choice Plus network; no referral and no primary care physician (PCP) required
  • Coverage terms range from 30 days to less than 3 months
  • Customize your plan by selecting term, maximum lifetime benefit, out-of-pocket maximum, deductible, and coinsurance.

Latest Agile Reviews

Romeoville, Illinois

A scam, in short terms. Last year was the first year that I had to buy my own insurance (health and dental, the two I use) and after shopping around, I believed I had one that was worth it. It's not. Agile is non-ACA compliant, which means you are penalized by the Ferderal Government for not having health insurance -- which I believed I was paying for but apparently not. Thankfully, I didn't have any medical emergencies in 2017 that would have needed coverage. I did have one dentist appointment that they refused to cover due to something with the time period -- no idea what they meant by that. Thankfully my dentist office has a payment plan, with no interest due to how long I've been going... Read More

Kelly H
Summerfield, Florida

had a simple yearly checkup. PcP submitted bill to agile. Agile insisted that I submit a claim form. I did so. Agile then demanded that I supply the past five years of medical records, which I didn't have. I suspect that even if I did supply them, they would have thrown up another roadblock to get out of accepting a simple, yearly checkup. These guys are a scam.

Linda B
George West, Texas

this is the worst insurance i have gotten a long time. i cant seem to use the insurance which i am paying for. i have called them over and over to get this straightened but nothing is getting accomplished. i just keep getting the run around. i bought vision thru them and i cant seem to use it either. they told me to go ahead and go to the eye appt and have them call agile so now im paying for appt because i cant seem to get my insurance that im paying for to cover me or any information from them.

Cape Coral, Florida

I was covered by the HCC Flexible plan from January 2017 to July 2017. Paying my monthly payment without problem. My main objective in enrolling with them was to avoid the IRS penalty. Now I'm going to make the taxes 2018 and I have not received form 1095 from them. I called them and they told me that they are not going to send any form that they do not guarantee to avoid the penalty. WDF, this is serious. I do not recommend using this plan. Without a doubt the worst.

Gail S
New Braunfels, Texas

I can't recommend this company's short term health insurance. The company that process their claims uses repeated delaying tactics to avoid payment of claims, such as requesting several years of medical history in processing of a claim from an urgent care center for an acute urinary tract infection, and failure to use complete mailing address of physician to obtain such medical records, then throwing it back in the consumer/patient lap despite their inadequate efforts. Look elsewhere. Don't use them.

Sergey N
Lincoln, Nebraska

this is a scam. i tried to shop online and stumbled on after submitting personal info to receive a quote i instantly received a call from local phone with a lady on the phone. At first i was impressed with their proffesionalism and their rates were too good to be true with vision and dental included and no deductible and nationwide network. After I asked them if i can have benefits explanation in writing the agent said she can loose her license because providing in writing is contractual so without giving her cc first they can't give me anything in writing. That threw the first red flag. She claimed that insurance is with MultiPlan and its the largest... Read More

Brad B
Jacksonville, Florida

This is a total scam. They put you on hold and then hang up. You cant even email them. Doctors office can't get through. I had a neck injury and they have totally abandoned me.. Don't bother getting this insurance. Nobody wants to accept it and for good reason

eric m
Carrollton, Missouri

Don't make your life miserable with this fabricated insurance! I have, it's not fun believe me....they will deny all your claims unless you file a complaint with your state insurance commissioner or department of insurance. I made them pay my claim because it was not a pre-existing condition, and they are trying to harass me with inquiring about my injury after the claim was already paid out! Crazy?????Yes they are, I'm telling you the truth. Save your money and your sanity.....

Santa Clara, California

Scam!!!! Will tell you that you are covered then turn arouns and deny your claim. I have filed a complaint against this company. Do not go through agile!!

Khoa B
Raleigh, North Carolina

terrible insurance. Super slow web site. Its a scam

St Louis, Missouri

Got dental and vision together through Agile Health Insurance. I got an eye exam at the facility where Agile's customer service rep told me was a provider. The facility couldn't find me in their system, had to charge me the full service of a walk-in. I tried calling Agile to find a dental provider. Got transferred and disconnected a bunch of times, and during one phone call I could hardly hear the customer service rep. The connection was horrible, she kept coming in and out. When I tried telling the rep I couldn't understand her, she was very condescending to me. Also, regarding the vision insurance, there is no insurance card, at least through the plan I mistakenly signed up for. I... Read More

Clermont, Florida

It was sold during the ACA as a low-cost option, unfortunately it is not. You will still have to pay the tax penalty even if you pay for the full Agile year. Interesting enough, during that year the only 3 times that I need it, it didn't work, all try time, the doctor offices preferred to charge me for a "walk in" rather than process it, actually one of the doctor's office did not recognize it at all. Sadly enough after paying for a year and waiting for the tax information, is that they tell me that they can't provide that tax information, and I'll have to pay the tax penalty after all.