Markel Wedding Insurance Review
Markel's wedding cancellation insurance offers 10 levels of cancellation/ postponement options. Its highest level of coverage offers $175,000 which includes extra expenses, special jewelry, photographs, videos and more. Aside from traditional wedding venues, wedding cancellation insurance also covers specialty weddings and cruise weddings. Destination weddings outside the US are covered (Canada, UK, Mexico, Caribbean Islands, Bahamas, Bermuda, Puerto Rico) and cruise ships departing from approved ports.
Markel’s wedding liability insurance offers protection if a wedding guest is injured at your event or causes property damage to the venue. This is a good solution for venue’s requiring liability insurance, as Markel can name the venue on the Certificate of Insurance for free. Up to $2 million in coverage is available up to 24 hours before the event.
Cancellation/ postponement policies: $7,500 to $175,000
Liability policies: Bodily injury and property damage liability - up to $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 total.
$25 deductible will be charged for each coverage under the cancellation/postponement policy and a $1,000 deductible for property damage liability under the liability policy.
Examples of covered causes of loss:
- Extreme weather
- Vendor bankruptcy
- Vendor no-shows
- Military deployment
- Bodily injury or property damage caused by the host or honoree
- Rehearsal Dinner
- Wedding ceremony
- Wedding setup and teardown (within 24 hours of the event)
Damages and Injuries
- Damage to the venue, bodily injury to someone at the event (liability policy)
Special Items (under cancellation/postponement policy)
- Special attire
- Wedding gifts
- Wedding photography
- Wedding videography
- Professional counseling
Markel Wedding Insurance - Summary
Markel wedding insurance is a good buy for couples looking for a dependable policy that offers excellent coverage for both liability and cancellation insurance. It provides this protection both for weddings inside the US (cancellation and liability policies) and specialty weddings such as cruises and destination weddings (cancellation policies only). Extra expenses coverage in the cancellation policy will also be a good way of ensuring that your wedding pushes through regardless of unforeseen expenses. Markel offers a good wedding insurance product at an affordable price for couples searching for that extra assurance they will be covered on their special day.
- Policies start as low as $75
- Liability and cancellation policies can be purchased independently (receive a 15% discount if purchased together)
- Up to $2,000,000 liability insurance
- Host liquor liability insurance
- Liability policy guaranteed to meet your venue's insurance requirements - or your money back
- Extra expenses coverage
- Specialty events - weddings, retirement parties, business/organization events, etc.
- Professional counseling