🇵🇷 Important Hurricane Maria Update from our Headquarters

United Medicare Advisors Medicare Supplement Insurance Review


Rating: 8 / 10 (Very good)
Disclosure: We receive advertising revenue from some partners.
 Learn more.

United Medicare Advisors Review

UnitedMedicareAdvisors.com is an independent online resource providing Medicare Supplement, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D, and health insurance information gathered from government publications and websites such as Medicare.gov. The agency allows consumers to easily compare Medicare Supplement insurance rates from over 20 leading carriers, helping them find the right plan at the right price from the comfort of their homes.

Health Insurance Companies Partnered with United Medicare Advisors

  • Aetna
  • Cigna
  • Mutual of Omaha
  • Manhattan Life Group

Types of Health Insurance Plans

UMA offers Medicare Supplement plans, which require individuals to be enrolled in Part A and B Medicare or a Medicare Advantage plan before requesting coverage. Medicare is a federal program providing health insurance options for people 65 or older, or younger individuals with certain disabilities or end-stage renal disease. Each Medicare part covers different services:

Plan

What it is

What it covers

Medicare Part A

Hospital Insurance

Hospital stays, nursing facilities, hospice care, home health care

Medicare Part B

Medical Insurance

Certain doctors’ services, outpatient care, medical supplies, preventive services

Medicare Part C

Medicare Advantage

Plans offered by a private company to provide part A and B benefits. Plans include HMOs, PPOs, Private Fee-for-Service Plans, Special Needs Plans, and Medicare Medical Savings Account Plans.

Medicare Part D

Prescription Drug Coverage

Adds prescription drug coverage to Original Medicare, some Medicare Cost Plans, Medicare Private-Fee-for-Service Plans, and Medicare Medical Savings Account Plans offered by private companies approved by Medicare.

Medicare Supplement (Medigap)

Complement to Original Medicare

Medigap policies can be purchased through private insurance companies. They help individuals with part A and B Medicare or Medicare Advantage plans pay for out-of-pocket health care costs like copayments, coinsurance, and deductibles.

Medicare Supplement (Medigap) Plans

Medicare plans cover about 80% of health care costs, leaving policyholders to pay the remaining 20%. Medicare Supplement Insurance plans are designed to pick up where Original Medicare leaves off, covering a most or all out-of-pocket costs like deductibles, copayments, and premiums. There are a number of standard Medigap plans, including A, B, C, D, F, G, K, L M, N, which will cover a portion of the bill once Original Medicare has paid its claims.

Common Medigap policy features:

  • Premiums can range from $150 to $200 a month, depending on age and medical history
  • Covers most or all of Part A& B out-of-pocket costs
  • Do not include part D or drug coverage
  • Patients can visit any doctor or clinic that accepts Medicare
  • Since there are no networks, policyholders are covered while traveling outside the U.S.

United Medicare Advisors Ratings and Customer Experience

United Medicare Advisors is a BBB accredited business with an A+ rating and a Trustpilot score of 9.5. UMA’s licensed agents provide customers an uncomplicated insurance experience by guiding them through the application process and providing them with current, competitive rates from multiple carriers. UMA has received consistently positive customer reviews across various online review sites, with clients praising their professional services and helpful advice.

Summary

United Medicare Advisors offers simple, useful information for those looking to obtain supplemental coverage for their Original Medicare or Medicare Advantage plan. The company provides excellent online resources covering essential topics on Medicare insurance, such as plan comparisons and enrollment information through videos, infographics, and podcasts. With outstanding customer reviews and a wealth of useful insurance information for its users, UMA is the one-stop-shop for every Medicare Supplement insurance need.


Leave a comment for United Medicare Advisors Medicare Supplement Insurance
Minimum 2-3 sentences.
 No maximum length.
* What's Your Rating?
To make this comment as helpful as possible for our community, please provide at least 2 sentences.

Top Rated
9.5 / 10
  • Make Sense of Medigap
  • All Supplemental Medicare Options
  • Get Quotes Free of Charge
  • Best Plans at Lowest Prices
  • Plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield, Humana, more