ConsumersAdvocate.org Rating: 9.2 / 10 (Excellent)
Disclosure: We receive advertising revenue from this partner. Learn more.
Medicare Insurance Rates is an online health insurance marketplace that helps Medicare beneficiaries connect with insurers offering Medigap plans. By inputting some basic personal information, consumers consent to receive offers from competing Medicare Supplement Insurance carriers.
How is Medicare Insurance Consultants rated?
Overall Rating: 9.2 / 10 (Excellent)
Medicare Insurance Consultants can be a good option for people who are interested in receiving multiple quotes from competing Medicare Supplemental Insurance carriers. Without the need to give out personal information, consumers are put in touch with private insurers who offer every available Medigap plan option.
Medicare Insurance Consultants Coverage
Coverage - 9 / 10
Since Medicare Insurance Consultants can connect their users with many different insurance carriers within their network, consumers can gain access to every available Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plan, according to their needs. However, the website does not specify the insurers within their network, so we could not find information regarding any additional benefits these may offer, if any.
- Plan A - It includes hospital copayment costs up to a year after Medicare benefits are exhausted, the first three pints of blood, Part B coinsurance including preventive care services after deductible, and hospice care.
- Plan B - Offers the same amount of coverage as Plan A, with the addition of a hospital deductible in each benefit period.
- Plan C - One of the most popular plans, it adds on a skilled nursing facility daily copay, the Part B annual deductible, and emergency care outside of the U.S.
- Plan D - Though this includes most of the same benefits as plan C, it does not cover the Part B deductible.
- Plan F - Less expensive than other plans, F covers all the same benefits as C, with the addition of 100% of Part B's excess charges.
- Plan G - Covers almost every Medicare supplemental insurance benefit, with the exception of Part B's annual deductible.
- Plan K - Covers half of: Part B co-insurance, first 3 pints of blood, hospital deductible, skilled nursing facility, and hospice care. It also covers all the co-insurance for Part B preventive care services.
- Plan L - Just like Plan K, this covers all of your Part A & B copays after a certain amount out-of-pocket, and 75% of every benefit that Plan K covers (instead of 50%).
- Plan M - Covers hospital copayments, 75% of Part B co-insurance, first 3 pints of blood, 50% of hospital deductible, skilled nursing facility, foreign emergency care, 100% Part B preventive care services post-deductible, and hospice care.
- Plan N - Covers hospital copayments, Part B co-insurance except $20 for office visits & $50 for emergency visits, first 3 pints of blood, hospital deductible, SNF, foreign care, all of Part B co-insurance for preventive care, and hospice care.
Medicare Insurance Consultants Pricing
Pricing - 9.4 / 10
As mentioned above, Medicare Insurance Consultants does not provide specific regarding the insurers within their network. However, consumers should be aware that costs will depend on a number of factors, including any possible discounts, the availability of Medicare SELECT policies, and high-deductible plans. Potential customers should make sure to research these factors before making a final decision.
Medicare Insurance Consultants Customer Experience
Customer Experience - 9 / 10
Medicare Insurance Consultants has a very basic webpage interface, which functions simply as a channel to connect users and Medigap insurance carriers. Consumers fill out information such as their age, zip code, gender, name, phone number, and email. By clicking for a quote, they agree to be contacted by a company representative who will then provide Medigap offers.
Medicare Insurance Consultants Financial Strength
Financial Strength - 9.5 / 10
Medicare Insurance Consultants does not have financial ratings of its own, as it essentially works just as a connector between insurers and consumers. We recommend that consumers do thorough research on the financial strength of the companies they are matched with, as this can indicate their ability to pay out claims and provide coverage.