Sun Basket Meal Delivery Review
Sun Basket is a meal delivery service that offers healthy pre-measured meal selections made from organic and sustainably sourced ingredients. They provide flexible meal plans which can be customized for gluten-free and vegetarian options. Consumers are brought with easy to cook 30-minute recipes covering 500 to 800 calories per serving preapproved by a nutritionist.
About Sun Basket
Sun Basket meals come from organically produced and responsible sourced meats and seafood that are free from antibiotics or added hormones. Recipes are designed by Chef Justine Kelly former head chef of the James Beard’s The Slanted Door restaurant. Chef Justine Kelly works hand in hand with local farmers bringing fresh seasonal ingredients to each customer’s kitchen. Meals provided are approved by a nutritionist and can be prepared in as little as 30 minutes.
A variety of meal plans including Rise and Shine, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Chef’s Choice, and Vegetarian are offered for customers to choose from. Consumers are allowed to choose 3 recipes for 2 or 4 persons with a price of $11.49 per meal. They can choose to skip any week or cancel any time they desire because Sun Basket does not provide any contracts or commitment with their customers. The company gives 100% money back guarantee on all food in case their customer is not satisfied or happy with their order.
Meal Subscription Services
Sun Basket provides flexible meal plans that can be cancelled or skipped at any time. No charges will be made for clients who skip a week. Customers can choose their own recipes each week or select the mean plan suggested by the meal delivery service for them. Options include paleo, gluten-free, vegetarian, breakfast, and family.
- Includes two of Chef Justine’s favourite dinner recipes
- Two 5-minute breakfast recipes
- Low carb Paleo recipes
- Fresh seasonal produced and sustainably sourced seafood and meats
- Includes three of Chef Justine’s favourite recipes
- Fresh seasonal ingredients
- Endless variety of meals, featuring season’s best produce and sustainably sourced seafood and meats, for the whole family.
- Includes three meatless recipes and fresh ingredients
- Seasonal produce and nutritious plant-based proteins
- Includes three gluten-free recipes
- Fresh ingredients and sustainably sourced meats and seafood
How Much Does It Cost You?
Cost Per Serving
$68.94 for the first week and $74.93 for the succeeding weeks
$137.88 for the first week and $143.87 for the succeeding weeks
What’s Included in the Box?
- Hand-selected seasonal ingredients that came from well-known ranchers, seafood purveyors, and farmers.
- Transparent labelling for consumers to know where they food came from
- Contains responsibly-raised, hormone-free meats, organic, and sustainably-sourced seafood
- 30-minute recipes with 500-800 calories per serving
- Detailed recipe cards
- Recyclable and compostable packaging
Shipping and Delivery
Sun Basket delivers weekly to their customers’ doorstep with orders carefully packaged to sustain the freshness of the ingredients. They place ingredients in an insulated box which can be recycled and reused by the customer. Delivery costs $5.99 per week, however with first week’s delivery for subscribers the company offer it for free.
Currently, their deliveries are scheduled every Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. Their covered areas include AZ, CA, CO, AL, CT, DC, FL, DE, ID, GA, KY, IN, MA, MD, MI, MS, ME, NJ, NH, NC, NY, NY, OR, OH, PA, RI, SC, UT, TN, WA, VA, WY, WV, VT, and some parts of AR.
- Telephone Support
Final Thoughts on Sun Basket
Sun Basket is a healthy alternative to people searching for meal delivery services. By taking great care into ensuring that all ingredients come from organically produced, responsibly sourced meats and seafood that are free from antibiotics or added hormones, Sun Basket’s meals are guaranteed safe and healthy.
Customer Comments & Reviews
- Organic and non-GMO ingredients
- Flexible meal plans and weekly delivery
- Gluten-free, paleo, and vegetarian options available
- Starts at $11.49 per meal
- Meals designed by a well-known San Francisco chef
- Money back guarantee
- Healthy 30-minute recipes
- Eco-friendly packaging
- Recipes with 500-800 calories per serving
- No commitment — skip or cancel at any time