Panda’s line of anti-virus software offers a broad range of security features that is perfect for users searching for a powerful anti-virus tool. With more users spending hours online, Panda’s features are designed to keep browsing and checking their social media sites even safer. More focus has been placed in keeping your personal and financial information safe against the growing threat of personal identity theft. With licenses available for up to 10 devices a year, Panda’s network security feature is a perfect fit for your home or office.
30 Day Free Trial
- Antivirus Pro $30.79 ($43.99)
- Internet Security $38.49 ($54.99)
- Global Protection $53.89 ($76.99)
Performance Test AV Comparatives
- AV comparative score 81
- PC Mark score 97.7
- Total 178.7
- Impact score 11.3
Panda performs most of its anti-virus tasks just like any of today’s anti-virus software. You could perform quick scans or a full scan of specific files or drives. Controls include toggling behavioral detections for potential threats and how it reacts to attacks. Specific actions include quarantine, permanently deleting the file of preventing suspected files from being used.
Another attractive feature of Panda’s anti-virus software is the friendly user-interface. Panda boasts a cloud-based anti-virus engine that is able to protect users better both offline and online. Previous complaints about how Panda seemed to slow computer performance has also been addresses with Panda giving better results in speed tests.
Panda’s Pro version contains a firewall feature that is fully compatible with Window’s firewall. This is especially useful for Vista and XP users. Those with Windows 7 and 8 however, would only experience smaller gains. This feature allows you to control programs and possible threats for home and public networks.
- · Antivirus
- · Virtual Keyboard
- · Safe browsing
- · Wi-Fi protection
- · Firewall
- · USB Protection
- · Rescue Kit
- · Multimedia / gaming mode
- · Parental Control
- · Data protection
- · Backup
- · Password manager
- · File encryption
- · File shredding
- · PC tune-up
- · Application Control
- · Device locator
- · Protection for iOS (Scanning and disinfection from a Panda-protected Mac® computer)
- · Antivirus
- · Theft alerts
- · Snap the Thief
- · Anti-Theft
- · Performance optimization
- · Privacy auditor
Cross-platform data storage
- · Panda Cloud Drive
- · Safeguard your contact list
- · Optimization
- · Configuring phones and digital devices
- · Troubleshooting and OS support, and common software app
- · Virus Removal
- · Wi-Fi configuration and security
- · Security settings and privacy in social networks
Operating System and Device Compatibility
Panda’s lineup of anti-virus software is compatible with the latest Windows® and Mac®. It also supports iOS® and Android™ devices.
- Operating System: Windows® 10 | 8.1 | 8 | 7 | Vista
- (32-bit & 64-bit), XP (32-bit) SP2 or later.
- RAM: 256 MB.
- Hard Disk: 240 MB free space.
Operating System: Android™ 2.3 or later.
- Operating System: Mac® OSX 10.6 or later.
- Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or higher.
- Hard Disk: 200 MB free space.
- Operating System: iOS® 7 or later.
- Internet connection.
- Live Chat
- Phone Support
- Knowledge Base
Surprisingly, Panda’s free version was quite capable of handling basic security checks and functions. The anti-virus software in general has undergone significant upgrades in terms of how much lesser computing power it takes. It has lowered its footprint and its ability to stop threats has improved as well. Panda’s Anti-virus Pro should be considered by users who are searching for a more robust solution for todays and tomorrow's threats.