Wells Fargo Student Loan Refinance Review
ConsumersAdvocate.org Rating: 7.0 / 10 (Very good)
Wells Fargo is a leading financial company that aims to make higher education more affordable with its student loan services. The company offers student loans with flexible payment options to undergraduate and graduate school students. Wells Fargo also offers student loan refinancing to help students in restructuring their current student loans.
- Undergraduate School – $120,000
- Graduate School – $180,000 (law related) and $120,000 for other fields of study
- 15 years
- Repayment terms are set at 15 years. However, there are no prepayment penalties which makes it possible for students to close their loans before maturity.
- Fixed (Starts at 6.24% APR with discount)
- Variable (Starts at 3.74% APR with discount)
Save with auto payments
Yes. 0.25% rate reduction with automatic payments.
Short-term payment relief of 2 months or up to 6 months due to financial hardship.
- Customer Discount – 0.25% rate discount for previous Wells Fargo qualifying accounts
- Wells Fargo Premium Membership Account (PMA) package – 0.50% discount
- Wells Fargo Checking Account – 0.25% rate discount
Loan Related Fees
- Origination fees
- Prepayment Penalties
- None. Wells Fargo does not penalize you for paying your student loans early.
Student Loans at Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo provides a good set of rate reduction options and flexible payment options with its student loan program. This can be of great use since student loan rates were higher compared to those offered by other student loan providers. However, Wells Fargo remains to be a great choice for students searching for a student loan service with proven experience in delivering on its promises.