Discover Student Loan Refinance Review
ConsumersAdvocate.org Rating: 8 / 10 (Very good)
Direct Financial Services is a leading banking and payment services and is one of the largest card issuers in the country. Financial products include credit cards, banking, home equity loans, personal loans and student loans. Its student loan program covers 100% of school-certified college cost to give you access to graduate and undergraduate education.
Students could get full coverage of school certified costs.
- Undergraduate School – No limits
- Graduate School – No limits
- 15 years maximum loan term
- Discovers has a maximum loan term of 15 years for its student loan programs. This is 5 years shorter compared to other student loan providers who offer loan terms of up to 20 years.
- Fixed (Rates start at 6.24% APR)
- Variable (Rates start at 3.62% APR)
Save with Auto Payments
Yes. Get 0.25% auto debit reward by enrolling in its auto payment program.
Good Grades Discount
Get a 3.0 GPA or better and get a full 1% cash reward on each new student loan.
Discover awards you with 2% of the principal loan when you graduate.
Loan Related Fees
- Origination fees
- Prepayment Penalties
- None. Discover does not penalize you for paying your student loans early.
Student Loans at Discover
Discover student loans offers a good mix of reward programs and discount options for helping students bring down the cost of education. Discover also offers student loans for wide variety of graduate and undergraduate programs. Discover student loans covers 100 percent of school-certified costs which gives students the flexibility when choosing which course or college to enroll in.