10 Best Stair Lifts of 2018
Reviews and comparisson of the Best Stair Lifts. We give you the Top Stair Lifts that promotes mobility and independence for seniors and people with disabilities.
Stair lifts are mechanical seats that lift people up and down stairs, while a track carries them. These devices can offer people with limited mobility or an injury the ability to remain in their homes. There are two basic types—straight or curved, depending on the staircase, but some companies also offer weatherproof lifts for outside use, and standing lifts (also called perch lifts) for people with trouble bending their knees.
Though all stair lifts look similar and share the same basic features, the key elements to look at are the weight capacity, safety sensors, seat features and call and send controls. Some companies offer a battery-powered option so the lift continues to work during a power outage. Others also provide a key-switch feature which can be very useful for households with small children. This keeps the lift charging at its base unless activated with a key.
There are many different companies that make, sell, and install stair lifts, so be sure that all the companies you’re considering perform a free, comprehensive inspection of your home before recommending a specific product. Do research into the quality of their service and whether they offer 24/7 customer care. They should specialize in installation, repairs, servicing, rentals, extended warranties, removals, re-locating, re-fitting and much more. A last thing to consider if you choose a reconditioned unit is the type of warranty available.
Top 10 Companies
- Tight Curved Staircase Solution
- Ergonomically-Designed Seat Features
- Customizable Stair lifts
- Heavy duty stair lift with up to 600 lbs. weight capacity
- 2-year warranty on standard stair lifts
- Heavy-duty stair lift with up to 500 lbs. capacity
- Price starts at $1,540
- Nationwide Installation Available
- Self-Installable Stair Lifts
- Offers Stair Lift Servicing and Repair
- Get free quotes
- No obligation to purchase
- Find local contractors in your area
- Wide network of stair lift contractors to choose from
- Fast and easy online search
- Foldable Stair Lifts
- ISO Accredited
- A proud sponsor of ASPHP
- Offers staircase assessment for stair lift
- Provides list of options to include in your stair lift
- Fully Customizable Stair lifts
- Free No Obligation Stair lift Assessment
- A+ BBB Accredited
- Offers Rental or Short-Term Use Stair lifts
- Provides Broad Range of Stair lifts
- Extended Guarantee Offered
- Over 200 Dealers Nationwide
- Free In-Home Evaluation
- Factory-Certified Technicians
- 1-Year Limited Service Warranty
- Variety of Stair lifts from Different Companies
- Free Downloadable Stair lift Consumer Guide
- Get Stair lift Pricing Online
- Graded A+ by BBB
- 24-hour Customer Support Available
- Offers 3 Types of Stair Lifts
- Online Survey Form for Stair Lift Customization
- 90-Days Warranty Period
- Get free quote online
- A+ BBB Accredited
- Arthritis Foundation’s Ease-of-Use Commendation
- Next day installation
- Comprehensive 12-month warranty
- Carries a maximum weight of 266 lbs.
- Automatic Powered Hinge
- BBB Accredited with Grade of A+
- Patented Swivel Technology
- 5-year Warranty on Major Components
- Continuous Charging Stair lifts
- ISO Certified Stair lift Manufacturer
How We Compare Stair Lifts
Types of Stair Lifts15%
Stair lift companies must be able to provide various types of lifts that tailors to the different needs of their customers. Manufacturers and distributors should also offer stair lifts that fits all kinds of staircases and blends with the client’s home environment.
- Straight Rail Stair lifts
- Curved Rail Stair lifts
- Outdoor Stair lifts
When shopping for stair lifts, customers must consider the warranties included with each product before purchasing and proceeding with its installation. Shoppers must look for the different warranties covered by their chosen provider specifically its stair lift repair and maintenance. Average warranty period for stair lifts are 2-5 years on components or parts to their customers.
Safety and Convenience25%
Stair lifts come with different features. A stair lift must include a list of safety and convenience features integrated in the product that does not only increase comfort but also enhances security for its users. Stair lift shoppers must look for a stair lift that provides easy to use and touch-sensitive controls that will allow physically challenged individuals to operate the product in a stress-free manner. Chairlifts should also be equipped with automated features for users to experience a laid-back performance and operation. Some of the important features that consumers must look for are:
- Safety Sensors
- Speed Regulator
- Safety Belts
- Seat Locks
- Pressure-Sensitive Controls
- Hand-Held Controller
- Power Swivel Seat
- Padded Seat and Backrest
- Weight Capacity
- Diagnostic Digital Display
- Adjustable Seat Height
- Call or Send Control
- Automatic Hinged Track
It is important to check and compare stair lift prices from different companies before purchasing. When checking the costs, consumers must also look for features included with each stair lift. A balance between price and features is essential to getting the best deal when shopping for stair lifts.
Weight capacity is one of the important factors that consumers should give attention when choosing the best lift for them. Manufacturers should have a stair lift that can carry a variety of loads for different customers. An average stair lift should have a maximum capacity of 250 to 350 pounds while a heavy duty lift should carry a load of 400 to 600 pounds.
Help and Support10%
Stair lift companies should provide fast, reliable and quality support to their customers. Consumers must also consider looking for a provider that offers free in-home consultation and staircase assessment. Easy to reach customer hotlines is important especially when a stair lift malfunctions and is in need of repairs.