10 Best Replacement Windows of 2018
We give you the list of the Best Replacement Window providers. Get informartion about the top companies with the latest in style and energy efficient replacement windows.
Replacement windows can make your home quieter, less drafty, and more attractive. Though new windows are touted as ways to save money on your energy bills, this is misleading, as it could take years to recoup the investment. Still, new windows are easier to clean than old windows, can reduce your carbon footprint, and increase your home’s resale value.
Signs that you may need to replace your windows include high energy bills, drafts in your home, difficulty opening or closing windows, glass that’s cold to the touch on double-paned windows, or windows in such a state of disrepair that mending them is impossible. Know beforehand which windows need to be replaced, and consider a wide range of brands and window types. Sitting on an estimate can also help you negotiate a better deal.
Before settling on a company, consider all the options, and attempt to obtain at least five estimates from both local companies and franchised or corporate operations. Keep in mind that you’re not just shopping for the windows themselves, but also for the installation. Ask the company if they have liability insurance, worker’s compensation insurance, what their workmanship warranty is like, and whether the contractor is licensed by your state or city.
Important things to look out for in the final contract include the payment options and terms, a right-to-rescind clause establishing a time period in which you can cancel the contract with no penalties, scheduling, compliance with local codes and ordinances, manufacturer’s warranty specifications, daily cleanup, and a preliminary inspection with the job supervisor.
Top 8 Companies
- Over 20,000 homeowners served every month!
- No Obligation Quote
- Energy-Efficient Windows
- Wide Selection of Window Types
- Distributor of leading Window Brands
- Over 2 million finished projects
- Free in-home consultation
- More than 3 million windows installed
- Design your window with interactive product visualizer tool
- Green seal certified products
- National Fenestration Rating Council Certified
- SCS Indoor Advantage Gold Certified
- Alliance to Save Energy member
- Street Certified* contractors in your neighborhood
- Quickly find out which contractor will be the best fit for you
- Top window brands available for multiple window types including awning, bay, sliders, and both single and double hung
- Free, no obligation quotes from multiple contractors
- Find the best deals in your area
- No Obligation to Buy
- No Quote Service Fee
- Featured in The Home Depot Network
- Screen Providers for 30 Seconds
- Compare Window Prices for Great Deals
- A+ BBB Accredited
- Member of Colorado Technology Association
- Featured in Forbes, Inc., TechCrunch, and Bloomberg
- Get matched with contractors by ProFinder Technology
- Receive quotes up to 4 pre-screened & local home improvement pros
- True Cost Guide
- Comprehensive contractor screening process
- Easily find and compare local window replacement companies
- More than 460,000 licensed professionals to choose from
- A+ BBB Accredited
- Get quotes by simply entering your zip code
- Porch Guarantee
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Online Warranty Registration
- No-obligation Consultation
- Easy-Clean Glass
- Rated A+ by the BBB
- Energy-efficient Windows
- UV and Sound Resistant Windows
How We Compare Replacement Windows
One intangible factor to look for when searching for a replacement window provider is the quality of the services it provide. This includes free home consultations and expert advice on what type of replacement window is most ideal for your home. Assistance from a professional contractor for example can be a big help in making sound structural decisions. Excellent after services such as troubleshooting, claims and maintenance should also be high in your priorities.
- Energy-Saving Performance
- Online Product Registration
- Store Locator
- Free Quotation
- Online Brochures
- Free Home Consultation
A company that provides a wide variety of window types and brands gives property owners more choices in terms of replacement windows. Some companies have an all-in-one –roof service that goes from designing to manufacturing replacement windows. This is a great option especially for homes with personalized window styles and are looking to upgrade or replace windows.
- Sliding Windows
- Jalousie Windows
- Awning Windows
- Single-Hung Windows
- Garden Windows
- Picture Windows
- Egress Windows
- Casement Windows
- Bay Windows
- Hopper Windows
More than just style or functionality, window frames are equally important as the type of window glass you wish to use. A professional consultant can help you understand what each type of frame offers and which works best for your needs.
Installing energy efficient replacement windows does not only help save you on your next energy bill but this also adds to the overall value of your home. Replacement windows with the energy star logo are guaranteed to be highly efficient in saving energy costs. Some of these also come with a noise reduction feature that can be invaluable especially in a busy neighborhood.
- Triple Pane
- Double Pane
- Energy Star
Like any other consumer, a major factor in deciding which replacement window provider to select depends on how much it’s going to cost you. Some of the factors that go into the price includes the materials used, window type and functionality (energy efficient, security window, noise proof) among others. While this could be different for each consumer there are factors such as professional consultation or installation fees to consider. Search for added value items such as warranty or free maintenance services to help you get a more accurate picture of not only how much the initial purchase is going to cost you but its overall costs over time.
- Consultation Fee
- Installation Fee
- Purchase Price
Although broken glass is an item that is not frequently covered under warranties, some replacement window providers offer this but with limitations. Leaks and broken seals for example are commonly covered under warranties but be sure to discuss this with the company. A lifetime warranty is a clear indication of the company’s confidence in its product and the service it provides.