Compare Progressive vs. USAA Home Owners Insurance
What’s the difference between Progressive Home Insurance and USAA Home Insurance? See how our editors compare the two companies below.
Select 2 home owners insurance companies to compare
- Exceptional customer service experience, based on numerous reports
- Provides financial protection for your home, both inside and out
- Bundle your home & auto policies & save even more
- Condo & townhouse policies available
- Choose from various add-on protection options
- Strong financial ratings
- Only available for active and retired US service members
- Wide variety of home insurance plans
- Multiple types of coverage available
- Provide up to 75% of value for personal property coverage, with no depreciation
Progressive Home Insurance has a higher overall rating than USAA Home Insurance. Progressive scores better than USAA across: Company Reputation, Customer Experience, Online Presence, and Customer Service. However, USAA scores better on Discounts.
USAA Home Insurance review
I have been insured with USAA for approx. 3 years and have been very please with their level of customer service. Over these few years I have filed multiple claims with my home and cars due to no fault of my own. I have experienced lightening damage to my house and a tree falling onto the roof. I have a few claims with my automobiles due to uninsured or under insured motorist. USAA did not give me any problem with these claims. They were very responsive to my calls and move the claim swiftly. I have been very pleased with them. The only concern I have is the substantial increase in my policy over these few years. I expect it to increase but not this much. I believe USAA is a great company, but I may need to look for another carrier with lower rates for the next year. Hopefully, they will treat me with the same level of customer service that I received from USAA.