10 Best Credit Repair of 2017
Need help improving your credit score? Learn how the Best Credit Repair services work to improve your credit score. Reviews and details of the Top Credit Repair services today.
Credit repair companies help raise your credit score by changing or removing incorrect items. They do so by negotiating with lenders to remove or change negative reporting, and by taking advantage of loopholes in credit reporting regulations in order to have negative items changed or removed entirely.
Errors can include accounts that don’t belong to you, bankruptcies or legal actions that weren’t yours, misspellings which may include negative items from other people or leave out positive items, incorrect dates, items that should have been aged off, and debts that can’t be validated. For a monthly fee, credit repair services check for incorrect information, dispute it, and in many cases, make sure it doesn’t reappear. Some even offer monthly credit monitoring and identity theft protection.
Most credit repair services provide a free initial consultation, during which they outline their recommended plan, which includes the items to be disputed, how the bureaus and creditors have to prove an item’s validity, all of the fees and costs for the service, an estimate of how long the repair process should take, and if there are any guarantees. Though some companies require a contract, most don’t, and can be cancelled at any time. Bear in mind that, depending on the number of disputed items, you can expect credit repair to take from three to nine months on average, but will begin to see results after 30 to 45 days.
A credit repair company can be provide much-needed financial help, but there are many scammers that promise more than they can deliver, or use fraudulent practices to remove many items quickly, that then reappear on your credit score afterwards. Some claim they can improve your credit no matter what, but you should be aware that only inaccurate items can be removed from your score.
Top 10 Companies
- One of the oldest & most experienced credit repair services
- They work 24/7 to help improve your score and get you qualified for a better loan
- They will provide credit summary reports
- High credit repair success rate, with removals in collections, late payments and charge offs
- Over 9 million negative items removed from credit reports in 2016
- Uniquely aligned to challenge issues with ALL THREE BUREAUS
- More than 500,000 clients served
- They contact credit bureaus & creditors to challenge negative report items
- Past members got +40 points in 4 months (on average)
- High success rate removing items in collections, late payments and charge offs
- Over 1.5 million negative items removed from credit reports in 2016
- Online account & mobile app to track progress 24/7
- Personalized service
- Improvement in score could easily justify the cost
- Best value: Responsive, professional & confidential customer service
- Fast results & they work hard.
- Challenge up to 15 disputes in 35 days
- Get started in only 2 minutes with easy online process
- Risk-free, 90 day money back guarantee
- 90-day money back guarantee
- High Success Rate (over 95% of clients see changes first cycle)
- A+ BBB Accredited (Difficult to do in this industry)
- Unlimited Challenges
- Unique Challenges, No Form Letters Used
- Expect Results in 45 days or less.
- Cancel Anytime
- 24 hour account access
- $19 low entry fee
- Free 3 credit reports and credit scores
- Cancel anytime
- Credit deletions
- Unlimited disputes
- Money back guarantee
- Pay per deletion
- ID theft restoration and insurance
- One on one consultation with a FICO certified professional
- Live chat support available
- 90-day money back guarantee
- Check credit status online
- 24/7Pay-Per-Deletion service
- Individual credit coaching
- Access to broad network of affiliates and referral partners
- Consumer protection attorneys
- Credit expert analysis
- Zero upfront fees
- Up to 45 disputes per cycle
- Toll-free live phone support
- Unlimited disputes
- No long-term contracts
- Performance guarantee
- No hidden fees
- Month to month contract, cancel anytime
- Free consultation and credit evaluation
- Unlimited disputes, challenges
- Live Personal account manager
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- Cancel anytime
- Real-time status updates
- Results in as little as 30 to 45 days
Best Credit Repair: Summed Up
|1||Lexington Law||Best Overall|
|2||CreditRepair.com||Level of Intervention|
How We Compare Credit Repair
Customer Questions & Answers
What is on my credit report?
A credit report is a detailed history of your credit, what debts you owe and how reliable you are when paying back lenders. Your credit report includes your name, address, date of birth, your previous residences, and your Social Security Number, as well as any credit accounts you currently have open, closed credit accounts from your past, accounts in collection and more. Think of it as your financial report card.
What is my credit score and why is it important?
Your credit score quantifies the information in your credit report. This allows lenders to set a standard for loan approvals and quickly assess an applicant’s credit standing.
Not all lenders calculate credit scores the same way, and depending on the scoring model used your score can vary. However, most scoring models are very similar, so by looking at one credit score, you’ll get a general idea of what your score will be using another scoring method.
When you apply for a loan or a credit card, lenders will look at your credit score to determine your creditworthiness. If you have a high credit score, this suggests to lenders that you’ve been responsible about repaying debts on time and are likely to repay them as well. If your score is too low, lenders may increase your interest rate or deny you credit all together.
Who looks at my credit?
If you are applying for a loan or a line of credit, lenders may look at your report to determine creditworthiness, and calculate the interest rate you are eligible you are for.
Additionally, it is not uncommon for landlords to look at your credit to determine whether you will be a responsible tenant, and utility providers may require a credit check to make sure you will pay for services promptly. Employers will sometimes look at potential employees’ credit to get a better understanding of how responsible they are. While these are the most common situations, there are others. These days it seems your credit is used for almost everything.
Is credit repair worth it?
Your credit is essentially your financial reputation and because it is used for so much, credit repair services is absolutely worth considering if yours is bad. Often times lenders require a score of 600 or more in order to get a loan, and the better your credit is from there, the lower your interest rate will be (meaning you can save hundreds or thousands over the life of your loan).
It doesn’t take much to hurt your credit score, so working with someone to understand how to care for your credit is also a helpful tool to those who are just getting started using credit, or those who are trying to build it back up after a few mistakes.
With credit, it's never too late to change your habits and your score. Your credit history goes back 7-10 years, which often feels like a long time, but the sooner you start making good credit choices, the sooner you'll start seeing your score increase.